20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Its beak is strong and when it sticks to the cage it scares the birds and then I don't know how it bend a wire and that's how it gets them out. I don't have a camera here but it happened to my dad a while ago and he had the video. Here I have some photos of the bend wires.
1000126254.jpg
Dang man that's a shame. Sorry buddy
 
it has never accepted anything when i spot feed it mysis. it just lets it float away.
ill try flipping it over and checking underneath. so you think the frogspawn might be bothering it?
 
I have this one pink ( pink diamond zoa )
20250103_220004.jpg
I have pink lady slippers but they’re closed up under the GHA. When I’m up to it I’ll deal with that.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 43
it has never accepted anything when i spot feed it mysis. it just lets it float away.
ill try flipping it over and checking underneath. so you think the frogspawn might be bothering it?
maybe the frogspawn is stinging it...looks like the right spot of a war happening between the two
 
For those that shop at PetCo, I stopped in to to get dried krill which they were out of but when I looked in the Marine tanks an employee said they were having a 25% off everything in Marine livestock Fri-Sun.
 
my petco doesnt do saltwater:crying-face:
Some are better than others others too. I like the mom and pop shops but hours for them are sometimes tough. Typicall 11a or closed certain weekdays.
 
Bye Felicia!
I tell her that several times a day.
Ice Cube Friday GIF

Occasionally it's, "If you don't stop biting me, I'll flush you down the toilet! BYE FELICIA!"
 
do any of you have advice for me on a scoly? its my first and as you can see its starting to pull away from its skeleton. i reached out to the seller and they didnt have any advice for me. ive had it about a month i think
Resized_20250106_152527_1736294301968.jpeg
it might be getting stung by the lps that is next to it...
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

That Frogspawn looks pretty close. They can throw out some fairly long stingers. I've seen my previous torch with som close to 6".
 
I tell her that several times a day.
Ice Cube Friday GIF

Occasionally it's, "If you don't stop biting me, I'll flush you down the toilet! BYE FELICIA!"
You know how I solved my biting Clownfish....
 
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

That Frogspawn looks pretty close. They can throw out some fairly long stingers. I've seen my previous torch with som close to 6".
It does seem like quite the coincidence that the receeding part is pointing right at it
 
do any of you have advice for me on a scoly? its my first and as you can see its starting to pull away from its skeleton. i reached out to the seller and they didnt have any advice for me. ive had it about a month i think
Resized_20250106_152527_1736294301968.jpeg
Sorry I can't help, I'm on the same path as you with one of my button scoly, I think one of my torches gave him a few lashes
 
I tell her that several times a day.
Ice Cube Friday GIF

Occasionally it's, "If you don't stop biting me, I'll flush you down the toilet! BYE FELICIA!"
Maybe try calling her “Filletia” instead :winking-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new