20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Super! There's some place where they do local pickups in Ohio, not far from you.
Great, Ohio is close to me! You have an address?
 
So I think I'll do the fish, coral and rock move on Friday, that way I have the whole weekend to monitor everything. That's soon! Crazy how far this has come.
 
So I think I'll do the fish, coral and rock move on Friday, that way I have the whole weekend to monitor everything. That's soon! Crazy how far this has come.
Keep us updated!!
 
Look what I found in the button scoly today, I took it out and put boiling water on it and also a little bit of glue, I also gave the scoly a dip with revive and some pest came out, I hope it recovers but looks bad @smitten with ocean life
1000126279.jpg
1000126280.jpg
 
So I think I'll do the fish, coral and rock move on Friday, that way I have the whole weekend to monitor everything. That's soon! Crazy how far this has come.
We're here for you Walker!
Keep us updated!
You got this!
Once you get started you'll realize you were worried for nothing.
 
ive wondered the same thing! my sandbed is littered with corals! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
here you go luis!
Resized_20250108_165532_1736385689857.jpeg
I don't know how I missed this post, it looks great, I can't wait to see the final product
 
@Nor'easter reefer
Mike sorry bro I just sat down to dinner got jammed up this afternoon.
Great pics of the clown!
Don't know if you posted a thread on the big forum but it looks like lesions due to aggression and/or stress.
Common to see on lighter colored fish.
Comes from small broken capillaries under the skin.
Should go away on it's own unless stress continues.
In your case since these guys are 8 and you know what's going on with them and nothing weird happened to your tank he'll recover.
My yellow tang has had this numerous times.
Used to be very common in the pet stores with wild caught fish.
This is what I'm guessing I'm not a fish medic.
 
Look what I found in the button scoly today, I took it out and put boiling water on it and also a little bit of glue, I also gave the scoly a dip with revive and some pest came out, I hope it recovers but looks bad @smitten with ocean life
1000126279.jpg
1000126280.jpg
Good move. Keep an eye on it, and feed that button scoly!
 
Close to the sand bed, medium flow, low to medium low light.
Do you have much trouble with them keeping their color Tim?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new