20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
FWIW… my name is not Dan.

I am self named due to a gnarly fall from a ladder that pushed my heel into my tibia shattering it (the lower 8”) into hundreds of pieces.

I don’t generally share my name online with strangers … but y’all are less like strangers and more like those friends who have overly sweaty palms. //I hope I don’t ragret this//

My name is Phil
Welcome to the Smorgasbord Phil!
Sorry but you are part of the family now!
 
Guys ever seen anything like this? I have another live snails with something like this on it and i swear this ones gotten bigger over the last few weeks but I might just be paranoid lol
1000003900.jpg
1000003902.jpg
1000003903.jpg
 
Wow, I can count at least 13 different ones, do you know how many there were?
I did at one point and all of their names but that was a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away. Back then the force was strong in me.
 
All you had to do was ask! Pulled pork and ribs.
106CB71B-A88A-44B7-A717-69DE91A5A645.jpeg
0EAF230F-6A60-4860-B318-6CACB23BFA71.jpeg
ODG Kev what in the world is this?
I hate food and even this makes me drool.
Come on bro!
 
ODG Kev what in the world is this?
I hate food and even this makes me drool.
Come on bro!
The wife spent the day with my daughter doing wedding things and stopped at my daughter’s and her fiancé’s favorite BBQ restaurant and bought this home.
 
ODG Kev what in the world is this?
I hate food and even this makes me drool.
Come on bro!
Could you explain the ODG thing to me, I’m an older reefer?
 
Guys ever seen anything like this? I have another live snails with something like this on it and i swear this ones gotten bigger over the last few weeks but I might just be paranoid lol
1000003900.jpg
1000003902.jpg
1000003903.jpg
It's a small bivalve. Likely not alive but could be. It won't likely stay alive in captivity if it is. Harmless either way.
 
Ok @BubblesandSqueak we are going to play a little game. Answer each question truthfully and one post at a time. Don’t include more than one answer per post There will be nine questions. First, hammers or frogspawn? Oh, there is a surprise at the end!
 
Ok @BubblesandSqueak we are going to play a little game. Answer each question truthfully and one post at a time. Don’t include more than one answer per post There will be nine questions. First, hammers or frogspawn?
Yes
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new