20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
It seems I deleted the photos by accident but here is how I am running my Nicrews right now, which is pretty similar to how I did it before
1000126671.jpg
1000126672.jpg
1000126673.jpg
1000126674.jpg
1000126675.jpg
1000126676.jpg
Nice!
I had to turn mine down to 25 white 50 blue.
 
You guys remember my concerns over my female clown, Grumpy Gills? Her red spots near the base of her fins are getting dark almost black, and google tells me that sometimes when fishes wounds heal they can turn dark. I had some heavy hitters in the fish medic squad tell me it looked/sounded like squabbling between my fish so i have just been keeping an eye and feeding well.

Just curious if anyone had ever witnessed something similar (wounds darkening as they heal)
Yes.
 
I picked up a few torches and a blast from the LFS today. Well, actually got them in their bi-weekly auction. I got two of the torches for a complete steal.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7671.jpeg
    IMG_7671.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 28
I assume that's yes, you've seen it heal up that way? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Yes many times ,mostly on ligter colored fish or plain fish without much coloring.
I had a Scopus tang with a huge scar, bloody down it's side after a fight with a Niger trigger.
Trigger bashed it into a rock.
Healed just fine but black, all the way down the side.
It actually looked pretty cool and got darker as it got older.
Those two fish let it all go I guess cuz they lived together another 5 years, never happened again.
 
I picked up a few torches and a blast from the LFS today. Well, actually got them in their bi-weekly auction. I got two of the torches for a complete steal.
Emperor angel?
 
Yes many times ,mostly on ligter colored fish or plain fish without much coloring.
I had a Scopus tang with a huge scar, bloody down it's side after a fight with a Niger trigger.
Trigger bashed it into a rock.
Healed just fine but black, all the way down the side.
It actually looked pretty cool and got darker as it got older.
Those two fish let it all go I guess cuz they lived together another 5 years, never happened again.
Awesome! That makes me feel good. I was worried about her!
 
I assume that's yes, you've seen it heal up that way? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I have a freshwater angel with a scar too.
It's much lighter but there.
 
Awesome! That makes me feel good. I was worried about her!
I kind of figured that's what happened.
Those lesions should heal fine.
Most are internal.
When my tang gets them they come back in the same places which I find weird.
I feed him/her (seems more like a her) Vitachem every day in her brine shrimp.
I don't really believe in all that nonsense but I swear that fish really looks good.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new