20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
ahh im so sorry nor eastser. i hate when the lttle guys get sick. i know its just a part of life, but i still hate it!
First I ones probably the hardest, eventually he'll get me sick and I'll lose my compassion momentarily :face-with-tears-of-joy: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
I picked up a few torches and a blast from the LFS today. Well, actually got them in their bi-weekly auction. I got two of the torches for a complete steal.
That is awesome!
 
yeah. I know it’ll outgrow my tank and I am on borrowed time but I love those fish. They are some of the colorless coloration/patterned fish.

IMG_7668.jpeg
So just buy a bigger tank problem solved...
 
My son just started going to childcare with the wife and got his first cold.. I didn't realize that boy was gonna turn me so soft but I hear his little coughs and feel so bad
Kobe Bryant GIF
Hope he feels better soon!
 
The fires in LA are horrible. I just watched a few videos of mountain lions running way from the fire, dying of thirst. I feel so bad for all those who have lost their homes. I feel horrible for all the kids wishing to just go home, but they can't because it's burnt to the ground. I feel bad for all those who were at work while their neighborhood burnt down and weren't aloud back in. I feel so sad for those pets of the owners who weren't allowed back to their house. I feel horrible for the pets and livestock of the owners who evacuated their home and left them there. I'm thankful for the firefighters who are out there, risking their lives to save lives of others. The fires are devastating. I hope they all come to an end soon, but it doesn't look good. As always, I'm sending prayers and doing everything I can to help. I'm very privileged to have a house right now that is safe and isn't at any risk of burning down from a wildfire. I just feel horrible for all wildlife and humans affected. It's so sad to just watch the news.
You have a very compassionate soul and I feel all those things as well. I am still recovering emotionally/mentally from all the damage done around us from Helene and now to see the news and videos of the fire my hearts breaking once again for all those people and animals. I watched one report of two people leading their horses out and flames where all around them. Its all so very sad.
 
Can everyone do me a favor? Can we all post a full tank shot of your tanks as they are today? I know i could probably go back and look through all the tank builds for each of you which I did but it takes a really long time. Lol you have all seem mine just yesterday in my build thread but I will post mine to start with.
 

Attachments

  • 20250111_161741.jpg
    20250111_161741.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 41
If I get it I'm gonna probably get Hanna checkers if they ever come back in stock. What are you thinking?
 
If I get it I'm gonna probably get Hanna checkers if they ever come back in stock. What are you thinking?
Just thought I could get a sea hare, with a Hanna or no Hanna and I could get half of a cuc crew.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new