20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
My wife is always baffled when I tell her stories. "I can't believe you'd say that!" :face-with-tears-of-joy: I always say "dear, if i don't say things like that he'll think I'm mad at him"
 
My wife is always baffled when I tell her stories. "I can't believe you'd say that!" :face-with-tears-of-joy: I always say "dear, if i don't say things like that he'll think I'm mad at him"
Well, usually I am mad at him. Or her.
 
Well, usually I am mad at him. Or her.
Ditto but i recently got a new helper that seems WAY better than I've grown accustomed too so I've been a lot more pleasant as of late
 
Thank you I had one of the doctors check me out at work today and I have a double ear infection and a sinus infection. They gave me some antibiotics.
Oh my Amanda. That's literally what I just went through, plus a little bit of strep throat. I had the double ear infection & sinus infection for a whole week before being able to see a Doctor. My ears are still ringing, I'm hoping there wasn't any permanent damage because omg my ears hurt so so so bad. I hope you feel better!! Take your medicine, don't skip a dose!!
 
Nope, unfortuantly. I'll look into getting one though.
I had them and then got another set when I signed up for Partner Member so now I have 2 sets. Message me your address and I’ll send you a set, they are just sitting around and I would rather they went to good use. Unfortunately the special is over so they won’t come with a free birdnest frag.
 
I had them and then got another set when I signed up for Partner Member so now I have 2 sets. Message me your address and I’ll send you a set, they are just sitting around and I would rather they went to good use. Unfortunately the special is over so they won’t come with a free birdnest frag.
Your so kind Kevin! That's why I like R2R. Oh, just curious, when are you getting to maine with those birds nest frags?
 
Your so kind Kevin! That's why I like R2R. Oh, just curious, when are you getting to maine with those birds nest frags?
When’s lobster season again? I want one of those blue ones they are supposed to taste the best!
 
I had them and then got another set when I signed up for Partner Member so now I have 2 sets. Message me your address and I’ll send you a set, they are just sitting around and I would rather they went to good use. Unfortunately the special is over so they won’t come with a free birdnest frag.
Again lol
New York Suozzi GIF
 
When’s lobster season again? I want one of those blue ones they are supposed to taste the best!
I think krylon fusion sticks to crustaceans... I'll have you a blue lobster :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
I had them and then got another set when I signed up for Partner Member so now I have 2 sets. Message me your address and I’ll send you a set, they are just sitting around and I would rather they went to good use. Unfortunately the special is over so they won’t come with a free birdnest frag.
Omg Kev, are you sure?! That'd be awesome! If you're sure, a PM will be coming your way! Thank you so much!
 
All seriousness though, I am glad I found this group of "nerds" as Kevin puts it. I'm hoping to start some big things in my tank soon and appreciate all the help/guidance from you guys and gals. Maybe some of Tim's luck will rub off on me and I can get some cool stuff to grow those birds nest with :cool:
 
Omg Kev, are you sure?! That'd be awesome! If you're sure, a PM will be coming your way! Thank you so much!
I’ll try to get it out on Friday, you are doing me a favor, one less thing for my wife to look at on the counter next to my tank.
 
Omg Kev, are you sure?! That'd be awesome! If you're sure, a PM will be coming your way! Thank you so much!
Just be careful getting your hopes up... I'm still waiting on my birdsnest :face-with-rolling-eyes::beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
I’ll try to get it out on Friday, you are doing me a favor, one less thing for my wife to look at on the counter next to my tank.
Kevin, I'm pretty sure no ones gonna complain about those kinds of favors :face-with-tears-of-joy:you seem like an easy man to please :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
I’ll try to get it out on Friday, you are doing me a favor, one less thing for my wife to look at on the counter next to my tank.
No need to rush Kevin, at all. Thank you so much! You are amazing Kevin!
 
Anybody seen @cdemoss01 today? Alycia responded to messages and she didn't redraw his prize so I'm assuming he gets it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new