20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Great! Taking up my whole sandbed lol. Sadly, I'll probably have to let ole red go soon. It's about the circumference of a grapefruit.
Screenshot_20250205_012108_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250124_231928_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250208_201651_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250208_201645_Gallery.jpg
Whaaaat????
 
Just saw one hermit trying to steal the shell of the other hermit. He didn't arrive and was with no shell, all naked and lost. So I found his shell and hold it so he can go back inside.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20250209_190902.jpg
    IMG_20250209_190902.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20250209_190932.jpg
    IMG_20250209_190932.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 42
Good morning all,

Never did before some top to bottom pics.

@*GAREEF* share some of yours. It will be eyes candy :star-struck: to me.
Beautiful pictures Remi, it's difficult to take good photos like this because of the reflections of the lights in the water
 
Curious to get everyone’s opinion. I have an older tank, bought used in 2023 (I don’t know just how old it is) - I am starting to see a lot of salt creep on the bottom trim by the corners. Could this be the beginning of a much bigger issue?

For context, I haven’t been in the tank in 3 days and when I do I make sure to wipe up any water that drips.

The picture is just now after I wiped up the salt creep. Part of me is wondering if somehow there’s splashing but I don’t see any water on the top trim.

image.jpg
 
So I think I may have figured out why I am having gha issues. My PO4 is running at .5 is that too high?
Depends lol, my tank run at 1.2 right now
 
So I think I may have figured out why I am having gha issues. My PO4 is running at .5 is that too high?
Close...
My little tank is at. 43 and I have cyno, no gha.
Nitrate is now 0 :crying-face:
 
So I think I may have figured out why I am having gha issues. My PO4 is running at .5 is that too high?
Remember Amanda it's probably higher lot of phos in that gha too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new