20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
But as said they’ve been in for weeks and now look like this over a couple days. Something I would think changed. But would also think more would be affected too.
The Birdsnest never really looked great since it arrived but I thought it was adjusting. I noticed the Duncan withdrawing into itself but I only noticed it after feeding. The only other change I made is I started broadcast feeding AB+ once or twice a week.
 
But as said they’ve been in for weeks and now look like this over a couple days. Something I would think changed. But would also think more would be affected too.
If the corals are not receiving the necessary light or flow in the first week you hardly notice it, could it be that the other corals have adapted to the tank and the new ones have not? I have corals with parameters that many people say are not suitable and others that do not work for me even though I put them where most people say.
 
The only thing that changed was I did a water change I think it was two weekends ago but I used the same salt and mixed to the same salinity level.
I’m thinking the past 3 days. Did you fry a wabbit inside the house? Like the fumes did it?
 
If the corals are not receiving the necessary light or flow in the first week you hardly notice it, could it be that the other corals have adapted to the tank and the new ones have not? I have corals with parameters that many people say are not suitable and others that do not work for me even though I put them where most people say.
All the corals where added within a day or so of each other with the exception of my Devils Hand is been in there a long time now.
 
I’m thinking the past 3 days. Did you fry a wabbit inside the house? Like the fumes did it?
Nope we just bright the rabbit home yesterday and haven't eaten it yet.
 
The Birdsnest never really looked great since it arrived but I thought it was adjusting. I noticed the Duncan withdrawing into itself but I only noticed it after feeding. The only other change I made is I started broadcast feeding AB+ once or twice a week.
Maybe it wasn’t mixed well?
 
Yo made it to the voting poll?
IDK( that’s I don’t know for you older reefers), I totally forgot about it. Probably not it was my Raja Rampage chalice.
 
If it makes you feel like your concern is less, I’m trying to beat Camdens GHA grow out. I think I will transfer the fish to the other tank soon.
Anyone have an electric mower?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5856.jpeg
    IMG_5856.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5860.jpeg
    IMG_5860.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5861.jpeg
    IMG_5861.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 34
If it makes you feel like your concern is less, I’m trying to beat Camdens GHA grow out. I think I will transfer the fish to the other tank soon.
Anyone have an electric mower?
I have some of that as well but not as much since I have been trying to scrub it off every few days or so when I see it.
 
Or should I just leave it alone since everything else seems to be happy and growing? I could up the flow also if need be.
If you could check parameters right now to see if there is any radical change compared to the last time you checked? Because starting to make changes right now is guessing, as Paul says, it could be the salt also
 
If you could check parameters right now to see if there is any radical change compared to the last time you checked? Because starting to make changes right now is guessing, as Paul says, it could be the salt also
It was same salt from same bucket and I mixed it over 24 hours like I always do. I will test and see what they all say.
 
Its really funny that being this close to the gulf of America (formally the gulf of Mexico), there is zero reef clubs within 5 to 6 hour drive to if there is any kind of club function like a frag swap. I joined the Atlanta Reef forum but its practically dead. If I join any club on here, they will get sporadic input from me based on my work schedule. I was on Rock pool, but was booted for non input, it was understandable. side note, the closest reef club to me on here is North Alabama, I applied, but never received anything back.
 
What kills me is the Petco in Columbus does an amazing amount of saltwater sales. their saltwater area is actually bigger than their freshwater if you count the frag tanks. I try to wear my R2R swag when I go, but i guess none are on here
 
I have some of that as well but not as much since I have been trying to scrub it off every few days or so when I see it.
Yeah, I did it like 3 or 4 weeks ago. But I need to do a water change to bring phosphates down. Which I haven’t done because I keep saying I’m going to do the transfer.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new