20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Never made it to DC talk. I had all of their music. Toby Mac is coming down here in the summer.
I remember buying P.O.D.'s. first LP and it just blowing my mind at that age. Insyderz is another awesome old skating hip hop outfit too.
We listened to some POD.

Even some MXPX before they went more to the secular market.
 
Best part of the whole job.
I'm always warm back there in winter, and summer too.
Winter time is when everyone notices their outside lights don't work and I'm in a boom lift changing out pole lights in -10°f weather hoping the wind holds off haha. Makes me want to move down near @luis angel where it's warmer and I can sneak over for some good dinners haha
 
I'm a few minutes older than you John here was one of ours....

You cannot beat the clean sound of the 80s secind British invasion
 
Not really too country although that's all anyone listens to around here but this guy is one of the best.

 
Another good one:


I love the older country. Newer stuff talking about drinking and being a "redneck" while trying to sound poppy is awful. There's very little country in like after the year 2000
 
Upon googling it does look like favia of the gods though!
No matter the name, that is THE favia in my opinion. It looks like yours has a nice red rim as it spreads. Really cool frag. VERY nice acans too, great choices imo.
 
No matter the name, that is THE favia in my opinion. It looks like yours has a nice red rim as it spreads. Really cool frag. VERY nice acans too, great choices imo.
I couldn't get a good picture because of where it's sitting but in the next day or 2 I'll shimmy some stuff around to try and get it more pictures worthy :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I know the acan is supposed to be fairly aggressive but if it becomes a problem I'll address it then lol it's just so sharp looking i had to have it lol
 
Thank you Tim!
I think we all forget sometimes what was cool!
There are some fun and great older country songs. Most of the newer stuff is garbage but every now and then a good one pops up still!

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new