20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I am saving this! My wife makes an awesome beef stroganoff but this version sounds really good!
My favorite recipe ever. She used to make it for me for my birthday and Valentine's Day. Haven't had it in a couple of years because it takes time to cook and we've been pretty busy with 2 teenagers.
 
Favia of the gods cali kid? Awesome acans too! New arrivals?
Got them today at cultivated reef. The acans were cut to order and left to heal up for a few weeks and I traded an extra single head hammer for the favia. I forget the name haha but I had been eye balling them a few weeks so today I was like "let's talk about those favia now" lol
 
My god John that's gormet!
Looks amazeballs! :star-struck:
Thanks buddy, it was extremely good. All the credit goes to the wife, her recipe.
 
Good Joel, I was worried about you, I know you’re getting slammed at work.
Yeah it's been so strange!
Day after day non stop like summertime except with snow.... :crying-face:
 
Thousand Foot Crutch yeah. I don't listen to much Third Day.
When I was in high school, I was big into pearl jam. I like 3rd day bc his voice was similar, and the words were really good.
 
My favorite recipe ever. She used to make it for me for my birthday and Valentine's Day. Haven't had it in a couple of years because it takes time to cook and we've been pretty busy with 2 teenagers.
The meatballs were a late valentines day dinner for the wife, the grandparents took the toddler today so I was able to go get the groceries and prep everything. I'm sure Mexican stroganoff will be a big hit though as everyone loves Mexican food around here!
 
When I was in high school, I was big into pearl jam. I like 3rd day bc his voice was similar, and the words were really good.
We like Red and Skillet also.

KJ-52 is a fun Christian rapper we enjoy.

Wanna go old school? We watched Audio Adrenaline and DC Talk in concert.
 
Got them today at cultivated reef. The acans were cut to order and left to heal up for a few weeks and I traded an extra single head hammer for the favia. I forget the name haha but I had been eye balling them a few weeks so today I was like "let's talk about those favia now" lol
Screenshot_20250215_210630_Gallery.jpg
 
Yeah it's been so strange!
Day after day non stop like summertime except with snow.... :crying-face:
Pays the bills though! Look at the bright side! If your busy inside at work, you don't have to go outside in the snow :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
Pays the bills though! Look at the bright side! If your busy inside at work, you don't have to go outside in the snow :grinning-face-with-sweat:
Best part of the whole job.
I'm always warm back there in winter, and summer too.
 
We like Red and Skillet also.

KJ-52 is a fun Christian rapper we enjoy.

Wanna go old school? We watched Audio Adrenaline and DC Talk in concert.
Never made it to DC talk. I had all of their music. Toby Mac is coming down here in the summer.
I remember buying P.O.D.'s. first LP and it just blowing my mind at that age. Insyderz is another awesome old skating hip hop outfit too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new