OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was younger, living at home we always had Easter dinner, usually ham and everything else after church in the afternoon.
My mom was a fabulous cook.
Now since all of the family works every Sunday we don't do those dinners and I kinda miss that.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is sandwiches traditional? It's been out tradition for the last 10 years or so. Sandwiches with the in-laws.
It's your tradition so yes.
That sounds like a nice time and a good idea. The meal is about eating so I like that. Simple not a lot of mess, well, in my house anyone can make a mess in a few seconds, but I'm thinking of suggesting that tomorrow.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good night peeps!
4B3705E3-94FA-4066-AB69-40824F9C111E.jpeg

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Easter everyone! For us it's sunrise service with the church followed by breakfast then at 11 normal church service. After church we will go to my sister in laws and have an Easter Egg hunt and cookout. Then back home to rest up for the week.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You see in Idaho, when there is a holiday, it means there's a holiday for 2 weeks surrounding that said holiday.
I happen to live in an area of extreme growth.
Lots of people with money who have displaced those previous who were just regular people.
I'm not one of the ones that has all the money I just provide a service in a town with not a lot to do.
It's a tourist destination as well.
Some days it just amazes me how many people go out to eat in such a small place. :thinking-face:
But they do....
No complaints just been doing this a long time and I'm not 25 anymore ;)
Questions from customers like do you serve vegan eggs? If so can you make me a vegan cheese omlette? Ah the clueless among us. Yes sir I will get right on that...

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
our family being Greek, used to go big on Easter, Lamb roasting on spit in backyard, Greek Potatoes, Greek salad, tarmosalta dip (poor man’s cavier), Tiropites and Spanikopta from scratch; baklava also from scratch.
Eggs were dyed red and we played the egg cracking game.

And when I mean from scratch, we made the phyllo dough. It would stretch across the kitchen drying,

Unfortunately with everyone all over the State and the younger ones not taking up that level of cooking reins, the menu is much smaller and we don’t make the dough we buy it and no spit since my mom sold her house 5 years ago .

But all family get-togethers were like this - didn’t need a holiday.

Hoping to start up again soon now that my daughter bought a house this month.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Easter and good morning to you all! I’m picking my mother up, my youngest son is in town. We’ll eat here and then when my daughter and her fiancée get back from his grandmother’s house, go and take dessert over to their house, they are all moved in.
DB9ED13D-BACE-44F2-B61B-405FA008C965.jpeg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Easter and good morning to you all! I’m picking my mother up, my youngest son is in town. We’ll eat here and then when my daughter and her fiancée get back from his grandmother’s house, go and take dessert over to their house, they are all moved in.
DB9ED13D-BACE-44F2-B61B-405FA008C965.jpeg
I thought you were helping her move in? Did that happen?

And sooo glad you get to go to her house and sit back in pride as you watch her carry on family traditions.

Enjoy the moment Kev!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom and I will be driving to donut shop this morning, buying lotto tickets there as well.

Not quite the same holiday, but since we usually do the bulk of the cooking, it’s a nice break and no dinner will need to be made

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you were helping her move in? Did that happen?

And sooo glad you get to go to her house and sit back in pride as you watch her carry on family traditions.

Enjoy the moment Kev!
Yes, I was there all day yesterday with my sons and my wife stopped after work. My daughter, her fiancé and friends busted it out Friday night and got the move done. I returned the box truck, replaced the toilet seat, mounted a towel pole in the bathroom and moved some small stuff around the house. My back is fine!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was there all day yesterday with my sons and my wife stopped after work. My daughter, her fiancé and friends busted it out Friday night and got the move done. I returned the box truck, replaced the toilet seat, mounted a towel pole in the bathroom and moved some small stuff around the house. My back is fine!
Such a good Dad! Please rest today!

And I’ll leave it to @tbrown to comment on toilet seat install - lol

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a good Dad! Please rest today!

And I’ll leave it to @tbrown to comment on toilet seat install - lol
Their main toilet seat was one of those padded ones. If you lifted it up it would fall back down. Not good for us men, it meant using two hands because you would have to hold the seat up, no bueno! All is good in paradise now.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back