20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Good morning Lin! I have to say, that is not an issue I've run into 😆

I accidentally threw my dog's Frisbee into a gator den once though. True story. He was fine, but we quit duck hunting on that side of the marsh after that.
Gators are not really ever going to be a concern here I hope! The wolves are the biggest threat to the dog, there are 2 packs running the area around the house, they wake me up in the middle of the night when the windows are open. Bears pretty much run from dogs since they are hunted with them pretty aggressively.

Screenshot From 2026-10-01 11-17-34.png
 
My God. Just why man?
I like tofu myself , but I’m not gonna lie. It’s definitely a love it or hate it . Not really any middle ground. Although I did use LiteLife ground meat taco ground substitute and a few meat eaters couldn’t tell when I made my wife’s Tamale Pie.
 
Did my water change . 3.5 gallons Ocean Water and 1.5 mix. Added amendments as the Ocean water lacks the micro-elements. And a little Aminos as well.
I’m going to try this as soon as I get to a Petco
 
Id probably toss it because the small voice in my head telling me it wasnt good, would outweigh the replacement cost 😆
what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com
Maybe if you could heat it but John I think 🤔 has a point .
 
Just tossing this out there: we, as people, would be concerned about bacteria but a lot of fish eat dead/decaying stuff normally anyway.

Would I toss it, yes, probably. Would it actually harm the fish, unlikely but maybe.
This makes a good argument . Maybe put it up in front of the group ?
 
cool, went and pulled camera cards to check for bear and have this picture. None other of him, and have never seen a drop tine around this area. Wish I had one of the whole deer.....

IMG_0201.JPG
I love my Reveal cameras!
 
Gators are not really ever going to be a concern here I hope! The wolves are the biggest threat to the dog, there are 2 packs running the area around the house, they wake me up in the middle of the night when the windows are open. Bears pretty much run from dogs since they are hunted with them pretty aggressively.

Screenshot From 2026-10-01 11-17-34.png
Well that is flipping horrifying :)
 
Good Morning Peeps!

question, yesterday I bought frozen mysis cubes. just remembered they are still in the car. popped them in the freezer. would you still use these or do they go to the trash? it was 22 hours in a insulated bag but yes. no longer frozen.
I'd freeze it again then toss it in like Michael Jordan dropping back to drain a 3 pointer! 🤣 🤘
 
My God. Just why man?
Exactly! I wouldn't even use that as catfish bait, not that they'd eat it either! Makes my liver hurt just looking at that...
 
I like tofu myself , but I’m not gonna lie. It’s definitely a love it or hate it . Not really any middle ground. Although I did use LiteLife ground meat taco ground substitute and a few meat eaters couldn’t tell when I made my wife’s Tamale Pie.
No Way Comedy GIF by CBC
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new