20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Good Morning Peeps!

question, yesterday I bought frozen mysis cubes. just remembered they are still in the car. popped them in the freezer. would you still use these or do they go to the trash? it was 22 hours in a insulated bag but yes. no longer frozen.
Id probably toss it because the small voice in my head telling me it wasnt good, would outweigh the replacement cost 😆
 
Just tossing this out there: we, as people, would be concerned about bacteria but a lot of fish eat dead/decaying stuff normally anyway.

Would I toss it, yes, probably. Would it actually harm the fish, unlikely but maybe.
 
Just tossing this out there: we, as people, would be concerned about bacteria but a lot of fish eat dead/decaying stuff normally anyway.

Would I toss it, yes, probably. Would it actually harm the fish, unlikely but maybe.
yeah, I wouldn't eat food like that personally. I'll drop one in when I run out of the other pack. if they don't eat it, I'll know and will buy new that day. one cube in 120g of water won't be worse than a missed deceased fish.
 
Id probably toss it because the small voice in my head telling me it wasnt good, would outweigh the replacement cost 😆
it makes me wonder though how stuff is received at Petco and other LFS during transport. ?
 
Just tossing this out there: we, as people, would be concerned about bacteria but a lot of fish eat dead/decaying stuff normally anyway.

Would I toss it, yes, probably. Would it actually harm the fish, unlikely but maybe.
helena bonham carter what GIF
 
We get dumped on by lake effect snow from Lake Erie. So no such thing as gulf of America effect snow?
Nope Kevin! OR Gulf of Mexico snow, which is what everyone but tourists still call it 😆
 
Just tossing this out there: we, as people, would be concerned about bacteria but a lot of fish eat dead/decaying stuff normally anyway.

Would I toss it, yes, probably. Would it actually harm the fish, unlikely but maybe.
Does it risk introducing a concentrated amount of bacteria from the decay that it may cause a biome shift over the next few weeks? The crabs and snails may devour it so fast it wouldn't matter though.... Probably enough stuff rotting in our tanks that it wouldn't matter.

Ugh, dog just rolled in Bear scat, great, now I have to give him a bath later. Love how he got the pile to just stick to him. Glad he had his vest on, its bear season and I guess there is one hiding on the property now.
20261001_103917.jpg
 
Does it risk introducing a concentrated amount of bacteria from the decay that it may cause a biome shift over the next few weeks? The crabs and snails may devour it so fast it wouldn't matter though.... Probably enough stuff rotting in our tanks that it wouldn't matter.

Ugh, dog just rolled in Bear scat, great, now I have to give him a bath later. Love how he got the pile to just stick to him. Glad he had his vest on, its bear season and I guess there is one hiding on the property now.
20261001_103917.jpg
Good morning Lin! I have to say, that is not an issue I've run into 😆

I accidentally threw my dog's Frisbee into a gator den once though. True story. He was fine, but we quit duck hunting on that side of the marsh after that.
 
Id probably toss it because the small voice in my head telling me it wasnt good, would outweigh the replacement cost 😆
You can still use it in a shake with your Bassomatic 2026 model
 
Ya math not matching steve...must be man math!
Not really a 30 would be 5 extra and a 40 is 15 so just roughly take the middle ground. In any case even the 90 wasn’t a huge deal.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new