20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
It is here.
tony-talks-iamtonytalks.gif
Thank you @Lucky Corals . I saw this mushroom in December in Bali at a wholesale vendor and saw where it was going. @Lucky Corals kept it alive for me for about 6 month he said. This is honestly the first time in a long time I dipped a coral and nothing came off. No pods.... nothing. Also even though it detached its in a cage the vendor place on it so I won't lose it. A+to the exponient of 100 on customer service.
20261006_132459.jpg
 
It is here.
tony-talks-iamtonytalks.gif
Thank you @Lucky Corals . I saw this mushroom in December in Bali at a wholesale vendor and saw where it was going. @Lucky Corals kept it alive for me for about 6 month he said. This is honestly the first time in a long time I dipped a coral and nothing came off. No pods.... nothing. Also even though it detached its in a cage the vendor place on it so I won't lose it. A+to the exonient off 100 on customer service.
20261006_132459.jpg
Good morning Bobby, can’t wait to see it when it’s out of jail!
 
Leaving to get blood work, dreading getting the results!
Have a little fun with them and drink some oJ and have a donut... jk 😜 I'm sure it will be as expected . Not that that is good or bad.
 
If any of you are looking for a small tank upgrade this was just posted on AZFRAG:

Selling a 156”l x 48”w x 30”h Acrylic Aquarium for $5,000.00. This was the tank that was supposed to go to Ocean Floor but one of the front acrylic panels has a slight wave in it if you look at it down the side.

972 gallons, 869 actual gallons. Weighs about 900lbs dry, about 8500lbs with water.

Top & sides are 1” clear acrylic.
Bottom is 3/4” clear acrylic.
Overflow box is 1/2” black acrylic.
We will cut a set of lids.
Sch80 plumbing is not included.


IMG_1512.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg
 
Last edited:
If any of you are looking for a small tank upgrade this was just posted on AZFRAG:

Selling a 156”l x 48”w x 30”h Acrylic Aquarium for $5,000.00. This was the tank that was supposed to go to Ocean Floor but one of the front acrylic panels has a slight wave in it if you look at it down the side.

972 gallons, 869 actual gallons. Weighs about 900lbs dry, about 8500lbs with water.

Top & sides are 1” clear acrylic.
Bottom is 3/4” clear acrylic.
Overflow box is 1/2” black acrylic.
We will cut a set of lids.
Sch80 plumbing is not included.


IMG_1512.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg
I'm floored. Sch 80 is rated for some pressure for sure. I would be a dead man walking if brought this home. 😂 one man.... one tank..... one mushroom.....alone forever.... glowbump grow out tank?
 
My wife and I think that tank would make a killer aiptasia rearing station but the 4 foot depth kind of makes it a non starter. There are only a couple of places we could fit a 13' long tank and none of them would be convenient at a 4 foot depth. Too bad, but then again if I had 5 grand to spare I'd probably buy a couple meat corals instead.
 
My wife and I think that tank would make a killer aiptasia rearing station but the 4 foot depth kind of makes it a non starter. There are only a couple of places we could fit a 13' long tank and none of them would be convenient at a 4 foot depth. Too bad, but then again if I had 5 grand to spare I'd probably buy a couple meat corals instead.
Load bearing wall maybe just enough.....? Also counld reinforce in baement
179131191984141101383386840604.jpg
 
Load bearing wall maybe just enough.....? Also counld reinforce in baement
179131191984141101383386840604.jpg
Looks to me like it fits.

The weight isn't a problem for us, no basement or upper floor.
 
Late birthday..?

Hoping you get better and thank you!
Oops tagged the wrong person. I really should stay off line when I'm not feeling well. Lol
 
Have a little fun with them and drink some oJ and have a donut... jk 😜 I'm sure it will be as expected . Not that that is good or bad.
Tell them to save a little of your blood and then toast with a Kapla in Klingonese before reading the results!
 
If any of you are looking for a small tank upgrade this was just posted on AZFRAG:

Selling a 156”l x 48”w x 30”h Acrylic Aquarium for $5,000.00. This was the tank that was supposed to go to Ocean Floor but one of the front acrylic panels has a slight wave in it if you look at it down the side.

972 gallons, 869 actual gallons. Weighs about 900lbs dry, about 8500lbs with water.

Top & sides are 1” clear acrylic.
Bottom is 3/4” clear acrylic.
Overflow box is 1/2” black acrylic.
We will cut a set of lids.
Sch80 plumbing is not included.


IMG_1512.jpeg

IMG_1513.jpeg
Road trip!!!
 
I thinks official Peppermints 3 Aiptasia 0
Just did a goodly feed of frozen first and the every two to three day feed of Goniopower and freeze dried rotifers. About turn pumps back on in a few minutes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new