20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
can anyone tell if this is just an emerald. it is REALLY big. it runs away when I get near but that whammer is almost the size of my pinky. I can't see its pinchers if they are blunt or pointy. its head is about 1.5".

IMG_8596.jpeg
I can’t make it out from the pictures, I really need see the pincers. Right color but could be a stone crab.
 
can anyone tell if this is just an emerald. it is REALLY big. it runs away when I get near but that whammer is almost the size of my pinky. I can't see its pinchers if they are blunt or pointy. its head is about 1.5".

IMG_8596.jpeg
The claws don't look quite right for an emerald but the tips would be needed for a better identification I'd say.
 
can anyone tell if this is just an emerald. it is REALLY big. it runs away when I get near but that whammer is almost the size of my pinky. I can't see its pinchers if they are blunt or pointy. its head is about 1.5".

IMG_8596.jpeg
I can’t really see this but I have two emerald s that have humongous whammers . At least the size of my pinky
 
From what I remember, I bought my MP40's and Orphek Natura on BF.
I know orphek ran good sales, but I didnt think ecotech did much of any sales? Speaking of sales, if anyone's running all for reef, petco has the powder on sale right now. With the code comes to like $66 per container

8339.jpg
 
I know orphek ran good sales, but I didnt think ecotech did much of any sales? Speaking of sales, if anyone's running all for reef, petco has the powder on sale right now. With the code comes to like $66 per container

8339.jpg
Hi Mike !
 
I know orphek ran good sales, but I didnt think ecotech did much of any sales? Speaking of sales, if anyone's running all for reef, petco has the powder on sale right now. With the code comes to like $66 per container

8339.jpg
yeah, the MP's go on sale. that PetCo sale is on everything. I went down and picked up a Dolabella this morning. my seasonal hair algae is starting.
 
I know orphek ran good sales, but I didnt think ecotech did much of any sales? Speaking of sales, if anyone's running all for reef, petco has the powder on sale right now. With the code comes to like $66 per container

8339.jpg
Thanks and good morning Mike!
Mike GIF by KONAMI
 
Looks like a pitho crab . I Dont really remember where or not the emeralds bury them selfs .
Ours does that also Paul.
 
Good morning everyone! Had quiet a few visitors to my deer cameras last night but this is the biggest one...

Good morning Amanda!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new