00W's AIO Smorgasbord

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a build thread my friend, since I wasn't the one who built the tank, I don't know that it belongs to me to make one until I build one myself, this is what I dose
Alkalinity
Calcium
Magnesium
AB+
Aquavitro Fuel for Reefs
Hehe, my tiredness is showing.

Ummm, that is absolutely your tank and the word “build” has many meanings. I certainly didn’t build mine - the LFS I bought it from did. The build thread is meant to feature your tank, how you run and maintain it; it’s inhabitants; what’s going on with it; your thoughts, questions etc.

It’s really your personal journal of this experience with that particular tank. It’s whatever you want it to be.

Joel has turned his into a community space; Tim, shows all the cool DIY and 3-D stuff he makes along with the progress and what’s happening. He asks peoples’ opinions on placement during his big tank transfer. Some everyone has their own style.

So please do make a build thread - I know the smorgasbord would love to follow it!

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone!

Yesterday I rubbed the foot of the nem for 15 minutes, and nothing happened. This morning when I checked... it was on the top of the rock work... aiptasia is everywhere on the rocks so I am really nervous about that, but the lights are still off and when I checked with my flashlight the nem was all the way opened. Is that a good thing? Now I am going to be stresses all day because I don't want it to get stung by somerhing... gosh, if I would have known keeping a rock flower nem was like keeping a toddler, I wouldn't have done it.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! Sorry I haven't been around as much. New job is super busy and with everything they are trying to teach me by the time I get home my brain is fried. I hope you all have an awesome day!
Glad they are continuing to train - that says a lot. I can’t tell you how many times as a recruiter I got a call from a new employee I just hired and said they had been sitting at their desk for over a week, no instructions, no internal databases or software loaded, and no supervisor checking in.

At least when you get home you can cozy up in the couch with the pup and look at your mini oceans and estuaries

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone!

Yesterday I rubbed the foot of the nem for 15 minutes, and nothing happened. This morning when I checked... it was on the top of the rock work... aiptasia is everywhere on the rocks so I am really nervous about that, but the lights are still off and when I checked with my flashlight the nem was all the way opened. Is that a good thing? Now I am going to be stresses all day because I don't want it to get stung by somerhing... gosh, if I would have known keeping a rock flower nem was like keeping a toddler, I wouldn't have done it.

It’s good it moved for easier access if needed and really good it’s open. I don’t think in the time your at work anything will harm it.

I agree on the whole toddler thing - I had to buy a whole new tank because my BTA’s decided they should multiply and take over 1/4 of the water column!

I leave it to the flower nem experts here to comment on movement and ideal placement of them.

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow - I think you said you spot feed your corals, correct? Or just broadcast coral food?
Mainly just broadcast but maybe once a week I will directly feed it.

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think I should frag my Duncan?
It seems like some of the heads are having a hard time opening because there are so many. What’s the best way to frag?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Morning everyone!

My Aiptasia actually go away from my BTA. Not sure if the BTA scares them or what but that's probably the only spot in the tank almost free from Aiptasia.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It seems like some of the heads are having a hard time opening because there are so many. What’s the best way to frag?
I haven't ever fragged one but you cut as far away from polyp as possible. The hard part with most Duncan's is they're almost fully fleshed and usually you want to cut below the flesh. Best way, I believe, is a Dremel. Cut at the junction between two polyps.

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't ever fragged one but you cut as far away from polyp as possible. The hard part with most Duncan's is they're almost fully fleshed and usually you want to cut below the flesh. Best way, I believe, is a Dremel. Cut at the junction between two polyps.
I don’t have a dremel so I’ll have to look into that.

What about fragging a leather?

Attachments

• IMG_3090.jpeg
    IMG_3090.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone!

Should be OK Walker for a bit.
My LTA only got mildly upset at my aiptasia infestation and vice versa. ;)

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amanda, the colony in their farm stopped me in my tracks. It was the size of a honeydew melon. And those colors are for real.

I’’m nervous to keep something so special alive - that goes for everything I got on the trip. My current collection has been fairly basic and all purchased during live sales so I haven’t gotten anything expensive before.

I guess I am venturing into the Raw Row Shaggy territory of reef keeping- hehe.
Your Excellence, your duncan will do great, very hardy lps. I can’t wait to see it in your tank!

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dremel with a diamond blade, cuts through the skeleton like butter. The sinularia you can just use scissors.

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dremel with a diamond blade, cuts through the skeleton like butter. The sinularia you can just use scissors.
Where should I buy a dremel?

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where should I buy a dremel?
Any hardware store will carry the dremel and diamond blade but Im sure you can have Amazon deliver them to your door. A good investment, you’ll be using over the years to come. Plenty of YouTube videos on fragging the specific corals.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 51 42.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 60 49.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 10 8.3%
Back