20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
20240628_191136.jpg
I got these two shrooms from someone, just two, both the size of my pinky nail.
I never glue anything so I shoved it into a rock and turned the flow down to almost nothing.
They attached and did nothing for months but get bigger.
You can't see it but under the big one are 5 more!
I always wanted shrooms but I guess careful what you wish for.
 
Tank is 125 gallons with a sump that's about 30 gallons.
Sorry I'm late, busy family day today.

I always treated my 125 with 30 gallon sump as 100 gallons and my math was almost always spot on. Treat your tank as 100 gallons of water and determine how much to add. 100 gallons is usually easy math and gets you pretty close if a little under dosed.
 
Have a great trip! I heard London has a pub, if you can find it stop in for a pint.
Cheerio! I'm sure I'll be able to find a pub! Pics forthcoming
 
Good morning my people, have a great Saturday! Don’t work to hard Joel, We want to see what you do with the pork butts!
E86161C1-14E4-43B0-BB66-882D4C70272A.jpeg
 
My wife has been feeding this ferrel cat for over three years. So many times we thought it had died. One time my son saw a coyote chase it off our porch around the side of the house where the cat was screaming. He ren inside and grabbed a bat but both the coyote and the cat were gone. We thought that was it. A few days later we saw the cat in the backyard limping. This time around he hasn’t come for food in about 4 months, again we thought he had died. He must be on his 8-9 life.
AFED1488-D3C8-4389-9887-DE15F998B5B7.jpeg
 
20240629_063310.jpg
Well out of the oven @3:30.
About 12 hours.
Looks perfect.
I'll put on gloves and pull it, minus any fat.
I have also taken the fat and blended it, added it to other things, sort of like Dr Pepper lard. ;)
I'll be back with more from our butts later.
 
20240629_063310.jpg
Well out of the oven @3:30.
About 12 hours.
Looks perfect.
I'll put on gloves and pull it, minus any fat.
I have also taken the fat and blended it, added it to other things, sort of like Dr Pepper lard. ;)
I'll be back with more from our butts later.
You have really nice butts Joel, wait I didn’t mean it to come across like that!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new