20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Been about two weeks now, frogskin and Green Slimer are doing awesome...soon be hunting for those special sticks....so I will be making a list and any ideas you may have send them my way...
I thinking cherry bomb, walt disney, berry bliss, homewrecker, pc rainbow, strawberry shortcake...on my list so far but dont have the room for alot..maybe 10...until we sell the 300 and get bigger...
 
Last edited:
polly want a cracker...? and the bird said to the robber.. Jesus is watching..and the robber said I don't care...and the bird said you should care...and the robber said shut up you stupid bird...and the bird said jesus doesn't like when people call birds names...and the robber said shut up bird I am stealing this tv and the bird said Jesus won't like that ....he likes to watch tv...and the robber said I don't care... and the bird said ...you better cause my owner named his rottweiler jesus...say hi to jesus mr robber....
 
Last edited:
I had a sun conure for about 5 years but he had neurological issues and had seizures and the vet couldn't figure it out and we lost him. He was such a awesome bird. Had him potty trained to fly to his cage to poo
 
Yep. That's Carrot
@Fish Styx likes her bc she's orange.
@Slocke too
Many years ago my wife had an agapornis that mostly spends the day inside the house, but unfortunately one day we took it out to the patio because we had to keep the doors open and a cat knocked over the cage and the worst happened. I have wanted to find a sun conure for her but she gets emotional. One day I will bring her one as a surprise lol
600.jpg
 
Many years ago my wife had an agapornis that mostly spends the day inside the house, but unfortunately one day we took it out to the patio because we had to keep the doors open and a cat knocked over the cage and the worst happened. I have wanted to find a sun conure for her but she gets emotional. One day I will bring her one as a surprise lol
600.jpg
Carrot got out once. She was gone for about 40 days, and was found roughly 90 miles north, just south of NYC.
We were incredibly lucky to get her back.
Her bonded partner, Peas, flew right out the door one day, we were heart broken.
1000002123.jpg
 
From my understanding we shouldn't use thread tape on pvc fittings, is regular pipe dope fine or should I order something specific? I think I have this at home
1000002975.jpg
I use regular Teflon tape on everything.
But you can use that sure.
 
Am I the only one that thoughts of what they want in their aquarium and plans for it keep you up at night?
This fish tank has cost me so much sleep :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new