20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Guys, we have a problem. I made a post last week or so about hanna reagents shelf life past the expiration date and figured I'd test the new reagents vs the expired ones, side by each. Well... my phosphates are too high for the tester to read :face-in-clouds:
I have never had my PO4 register on hanna on 2 of my tanks... they always max out. So I went back to not testing.
 
I have never had my PO4 register on hanna on 2 of my tanks... they always max out. So I went back to not testing.
Reef tanks? Not fowlr right? :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
Thanks, all, I didn't know there was an official welcome!

I raced the 1/4 mile drag strip every Friday night when I was in high school.
I was with the F-body crew, but occasionally with the G-body crew when I took my dad's GN.

Tim, aren't we the same age?
That
Is
Cool!!!!
 
Should I bother trying some gfo or something? I don't have any corals currently so wouldn't have to worry about shocking them with sudden nutrient export..?
 
Should I bother trying some gfo or something? I don't have any corals currently so wouldn't have to worry about shocking them with sudden nutrient export..?
How old is the tank?
 
How old is the tank?
Eh been running since may ish. But got neglected waterchange wise for awhile when my brother was sick from july-novemberish
 
I feel like that's way out of whack though. I'm gonna Google it but isn't there a nitrate to phosphate ratio to try and aim for?
It is called the redfield ratio.
 
When was you last WC? What percentage?
Over the last to weeks I did 2 approximately 25 g water changes on a 120g display with about 45g sump
 
So ideally my nitrate being 4.7ppm my phosphate should be around .047 right?
It is a theory.
There is a lot of study and science behind it but I don't follow it.
I go by looks, behavior and signs instead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new