20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
It's Carrot (??)!! I think that was the bird's name. What a beautiful noise machine!
Noise machine is an accurate description. She frequently hits ~120 decibels... sometimes right in my eardrum... she's lucky she's cute.
1000005802.jpg

1000005965.jpg
 
Between the 2 bird's and 2 dogs, no one walks up to my house unannounced.
I miss having a parrot so much. Can't give one the attention it deserves right now with a 1 year old though. Maybe when he's a little older. Your birds are beautiful!
 
I miss having a parrot so much. Can't give one the attention it deserves right now with a 1 year old though. Maybe when he's a little older. Your birds are beautiful!
Thank you! They're too much fun
I have 8 chickens in the backyard, too lol
 
Thanks both of you. That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I do it right.

So it sounds like all I have to do now is heat the water and technically I'll be ready. So I guess the transition happens soon. But I'm terrified lol.
No worries Walker just follow what Luis and Amanda did.
I just did this, 75 to 100.
Whole thing took me about 30 minutes.
Everything super OK.
Took me longer to get the wiring tied up and not spaghetti. ;) :rolleyes:
 
Oh my gosh is freaking cold outside! I was just out there for about 40 minutes holding my horse while the farrier put his shoes on him and trimming his hoofs. My hands were so cold I couldn't bend my fingers.
 
Ok 15 gallon change on the big tank.
It's really getting grody but it didn’t take as long as I thought to go from brown to green.
Changing the lighting didn’t help.
20250106_142610.jpg
 
Wow, how cool, do they lay eggs? In my neighborhood there are some chickens. There was one laying eggs next to the door of my house but it has already moved the nest.
20241221_133909.jpg
 
Trying a new frozen food for carnivores and this is the first time I have seen my anemone grab something and hold onto it to eat it. I can see it actually trying to move the piece to is mouth.
1000009301.jpg
1000009300.jpg
1000009303.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new