20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
So I have a question for yall.

I technically wouldn't have to cycle my tank at all, right? I should just transfer all the rock from my current tank, and that will be enough? Will I be able to put my corals in right away too?
 
So I have a question for yall.

I technically wouldn't have to cycle my tank at all, right? I should just transfer all the rock from my current tank, and that will be enough? Will I be able to put my corals in right away too?
That's what I did Walker and it worked well for me, I used more than half of the water from the biocube, all the rocks, and all the bags of balls and sponge that I had in the back chambers.
 
So I have a question for yall.

I technically wouldn't have to cycle my tank at all, right? I should just transfer all the rock from my current tank, and that will be enough? Will I be able to put my corals in right away too?
Yes Ithink you should be able to do that just keep an eye on it. I moved my tank about 45 minutes away and kept everything warm and wet while setting up the tank it took several hours and the cycle never crashed.
 
That's what I did Walker and it worked well for me, I used more than half of the water from the biocube, all the rocks, and all the bags of balls and sponge that I had in the back chambers.
All this after filling the tank and adding the sand, waiting a couple of days for it to clear up and then taking out the same amount of water that I was going to add from the biocube.
 
Thanks both of you. That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I do it right.

So it sounds like all I have to do now is heat the water and technically I'll be ready. So I guess the transition happens soon. But I'm terrified lol.
 
So I have a question for yall.

I technically wouldn't have to cycle my tank at all, right? I should just transfer all the rock from my current tank, and that will be enough? Will I be able to put my corals in right away too?
And the rocks that I was missing I added little by little.
1000107611.jpg
1000107615.jpg
1000107616.jpg
1000107750.jpg
1000107759.jpg
 
Thanks both of you. That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I do it right.

So it sounds like all I have to do now is heat the water and technically I'll be ready. So I guess the transition happens soon. But I'm terrified lol.
You Got This Go Get Em GIF by Shalita Grant
 
Thanks both of you. That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure I do it right.

So it sounds like all I have to do now is heat the water and technically I'll be ready. So I guess the transition happens soon. But I'm terrified lol.
I was so nervous and scared too and no matter what I tell you, it won't go away until you start and you'll realize that it's easier than you imagine. You got this and you know we are going to be here for you
 
So I have a question for yall.

I technically wouldn't have to cycle my tank at all, right? I should just transfer all the rock from my current tank, and that will be enough? Will I be able to put my corals in right away too?
I did. Wait for the sand and cloudiness to settle, drop a little extra nitrifying in for good measure, and good to go! I had fish and corals in the day I set my tank up and I didn't transfer rock or sand. I did 3 bags of live sand and 1 bag of dry sand, all brand new rock (mostly my homemade Aragocrete rocks), a few capfuls of LiveAquaria Nitrifying bacteria and a few capfuls of Microbacter 7.
 
A couple of Smorgs are teenagers lol ( and I'm younger than you
Lol I'm just playing. I figured as much :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Power just went out and eta is days. What should i do? At least I got the blackout I asked for... Lol heaters down powerheads down filter down.
 
@OrchidMiss meet my other baby
20241124_091340.jpg
There was a breakfast restaurant I used to go to from time to time in Atlanta that had a whole bunch of parrots and other birds there. I think it was on PeachTree.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new