20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Remember like 5 years ago when it was -25 for two weeks
Yea that was awful. I went ice camping out to moosehead a few years ago. At the base of mount kineo(look that up if your an out of stater it's pretty cool) and it was -25 without the wind chill. -58 with the wind chill and I camped out in a pop up insulated ice shack, with a cot, a buddy heater, and a sleeping bag. The wind was constant as well, not gusts, and no snow to bank the bottom of the tent so the wind was blowing up under it and refreezing holes I drilled inside. The was probably one of the scariest nights of my life. If that heater failed or the rope holding my tent down snapped...
 
How much of a cube of frozen food for 2 clowns and like 3 small hermits plus misc handful of snails? :thinking-face: theu get like 3/4 and the other 1/4 goes to my fireshrimp in qt lol plus the occasional pellets on odd days. Not as often though because I need a feeding ring or something
I don't think that's too much.
 
I don't think that's too much.
Well dang it i was hoping that was too much so i could dial it down and maybe be abke to use my tester. Lol they look super fat after and eat for like a solid 10-15 minutes :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
Yea that was awful. I went ice camping out to moosehead a few years ago. At the base of mount kineo(look that up if your an out of stater it's pretty cool) and it was -25 without the wind chill. -58 with the wind chill and I camped out in a pop up insulated ice shack, with a cot, a buddy heater, and a sleeping bag. The wind was constant as well, not gusts, and no snow to bank the bottom of the tent so the wind was blowing up under it and refreezing holes I drilled inside. The was probably one of the scariest nights of my life. If that heater failed or the rope holding my tent down snapped...
They were telling everybody not to catch and release because the fish were freezing in the process. The fuel companies couldn’t keep up with the deliveries either.
 
Well dang it i was hoping that was too much so i could dial it down and maybe be abke to use my tester. Lol they look super fat after and eat for like a solid 10-15 minutes :grinning-face-with-sweat:
Simple solution is just add more fish...
 
How much of a cube of frozen food for 2 clowns and like 3 small hermits plus misc handful of snails? :thinking-face: theu get like 3/4 and the other 1/4 goes to my fireshrimp in qt lol plus the occasional pellets on odd days. Not as often though because I need a feeding ring or something
I feed my clown very little.
She's never been a good eater.
I'm not one who believes in not feeding to control nutrients.
I think that's cruel and mean.
I feed what they will eat.
If they eat that, great.
That's not that much food. :smiling-face:
The hermits need to scrounge so pellets are good for that, broccoli, spinach, nori does the trick too.
 
Alkalinity was 6.5 but I have been using instant ocean purple and swapped recently to reef crystals and will start using that to get alk up. Calcium was 398 then we know nitrate and phosphate. I want to get a magnesium tester next then I think I'm good?
 
Friday! Got 2 cardinalfish and a fighting conch and tiger conch showing up
You should get some Nassarius snails it's fun watching then pop up out of the sand when they smell food.
 
You should get some Nassarius snails it's fun watching then pop up out of the sand when they smell food.
I have a couple. Might order some more. I got too many cuc too soon I think. Need to restock
 
I want to get like 20lbs of kp aquatics live rock and seed my tank some. I got dry rock and sand to start with, added some pods but still really barren
 
Reefcleaners.com is a great place to order from.
I was sad though because I have no coraline algae and not 1 she'll from reefcleaners had any to seed my tank :disappointed-face:
 
Alkalinity was 6.5 but I have been using instant ocean purple and swapped recently to reef crystals and will start using that to get alk up. Calcium was 398 then we know nitrate and phosphate. I want to get a magnesium tester next then I think I'm good?
A little low for me but every tank is different
 
A little low for me but every tank is different
I think that's entirely to do with using the purple instant ocean vs reef crystals. Hoping it trends up. Gonna start a weekly log to see what happens until I get an idea of a baseline
 
I was sad though because I have no coraline algae and not 1 she'll from reefcleaners had any to seed my tank :disappointed-face:
You can buy it in a bottle as well i have never tried it but have read it works.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new