20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I don't know if I can say that it was cold here at dawn lol, seeing the other temperatures it's going to seem like Miami is ready to go to the beach, but for me it's cold lol
1000126327.jpg
I can relate to that feeling my Canadian best friend laughs at our "cold" temperatures...
 
Nitrate 14.7, phosphate above 0.6, on salifert it was like 0.5, alk 8.9, calcium 410, magnesium 1300. What bother me is the lack of growth. The tank as 1 minutes ago.
But you don't have that much algae, which is what could be competing with the corals for nutrients, but I don't see that being the case. I'm not saying it's good to have high No3 and Po4, but could there be another reason?
 
But you don't have that much algae, which is what could be competing with the corals for nutrients, but I don't see that being the case. I'm not saying it's good to have high No3 and Po4, but could there be another reason?
I try to remove it because cyano stick to GHA, lights are going down already. I check for rust several time but nothing. iCP test is on hold right now so waiting LFS to do it again.
 
:face-with-tears-of-joy: What is it anyway? There's no description to any of these things
Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music
:face-with-tears-of-joy:
When I first joined, before I was lead mod in there, I asked if it was for people who like rock music.
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

However. What is referred to as rock pooling in the UK is what we call tide pooling in the US
 
Groups are active? Never join any.
Mine is just for the badge lol, I tried to make a thread but there weren't many interested members, instead Rock Pool Reef Keepers had a good thread with a great group of people but I haven't seen the thread around the feed anymore and I don't know if it's still active. @OrchidMiss ?
 
Mine is just for the badge lol, I tried to make a thread but there weren't many interested members, instead Rock Pool Reef Keepers had a good thread with a great group of people but I haven't seen the thread around the feed anymore and I don't know if it's still active. @OrchidMiss ?
Yep! Still active. I keep losing notifications for it, too. I just popped in to check lol.
 
Mine is just for the badge lol, I tried to make a thread but there weren't many interested members, instead Rock Pool Reef Keepers had a good thread with a great group of people but I haven't seen the thread around the feed anymore and I don't know if it's still active. @OrchidMiss ?
should there be one that says "Smorgasbord Reefers"?
 
:face-with-tears-of-joy:
When I first joined, before I was lead mod in there, I asked if it was for people who like rock music.
Season 2 Reaction GIF by Law & Order

However. What is referred to as rock pooling in the UK is what we call tide pooling in the US
I go tide pooling all the time! I live in maine 45mins from the coast!
 
Thanks @OrchidMiss , got a nice chunky frag and it was closer than I thought. The guy was a real jerk but hey the frag was free!
B5D90E84-E566-4222-995D-C0BCF7B0B9E9.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new