20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
The doors of my house will always be open for you ( Before you joined this thread I told everyone something you did for me in a bad moment in my life and I will never forget that )
if I'm sleeping I can leave the patio light on for you.
And your shed doors!
 
The doors of my house will always be open for you ( Before you joined this thread I told everyone something you did for me in a bad moment in my life and I will never forget that )
if I'm sleeping I can leave the patio light on for you.
Thank you, friend! That means a lot.
I'm always there for anyone that needs an ear lent or a shoulder for leaning.
Anytime, @luis angel :)
 
I’ll let you know how it tastes if it ever flowers. The one flowering now is grand nain.
And what are they supposed to taste like? All I have ever had are normal yellow banana, those little bitty yellow bananas and plantains.
 
Makes me with I didn't loathe bananas. I would probably have to at least give it a try.
I’ve tried growing chocolate trees but I can’t keep the humidity high enough. They were cool though since the leaves follow the sun.
 
I’ve tried growing chocolate trees but I can’t keep the humidity high enough. They were cool though since the leaves follow the sun.
II had an avocado tree for about 6 years, they don't produce fruit until about 11+ years.
My chickens ate all the leaves off of it one summer and it didn't get enough water.
I'm going to start a new seed soon though
 
II had an avocado tree for about 6 years, they don't produce fruit until about 11+ years.
My chickens ate all the leaves off of it one summer and it didn't get enough water.
I'm going to start a new seed soon though
It doesn't get warm enough here to grow one. Or maybe it's that it doesn't stay warm enough long enough.
 
It's only warm enough here for about 1/3 of the year, otherwise it's in one of my large windows.
In the winter I keep the wood stove going, so it stays warm, but very dry.
 
II had an avocado tree for about 6 years, they don't produce fruit until about 11+ years.
My chickens ate all the leaves off of it one summer and it didn't get enough water.
I'm going to start a new seed soon though
If you graft the tree it will produce fruit quicker.
 
It's only warm enough here for about 1/3 of the year, otherwise it's in one of my large windows.
In the winter I keep the wood stove going, so it stays warm, but very dry.
I have no room for plants lol am the extra space is covered with aquariums... lol
 
It's only warm enough here for about 1/3 of the year, otherwise it's in one of my large windows.
In the winter I keep the wood stove going, so it stays warm, but very dry.
Ice cubes on the dirt helps some.
 
South facing windows through winter.
You've got it! They're floor to ceiling windows down there, and my bedroom windows are right above that - where all my orchids are now that it's feeding and growing time.
 
Bananas; grow faster please
I have a banana tree in my yard. I'm trying a musa basjoo which can supposedly handle -10°f if covered properly, hopefully it comes back in the spring. It's just ornamental, it won't grow bananas though.

20240619_201753.jpg


This when it was just a baby. It got a lot bigger than this!
 
I have a banana tree in my yard. I'm trying a musa basjoo which can supposedly handle -10°f if covered properly, hopefully it comes back in the spring. It's just ornamental, it won't grow bananas though.

20240619_201753.jpg


This when it was just a baby. It got a lot bigger than this!
Yes. I tried those too. Mine didn’t make it outdoors because it was too shady in the winter. But just wrap the base with a towel to keep it warm when the temp drops.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new