20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Convert your pool to a reef tank and we'll all come snorkeling.
Corals and fish tend to not like 100° water temperature in the summer and 65° in the winter...
 
I got my new ReefBreeders Meridian 43 today!!

IMG_7589.jpeg


This light is dope! I had to turn off the Neptune Skyx2 to see how it looks. What a monster difference in color.

I have no idea on PAR or any other metrics and I won’t be able to really play around with this until the weekend. But I am impressed in the 5 minutes I have been admiring it from my couch.

I think I want to mount some 8020 on my ceiling so I can move the fixture forward or backward. But, for now I’ll likely use the hanging kit.
 
Whats the group opinion? I ordered a overflow box from Modular Marine on sunday(started Friday but order was taken, invoice sent, payment confirmed, on sunday) and i haven't heard anything since. Mind you, I ordered a generic overflow box, but I modified it in the fact that I didn't want any holes between the box and tank drilled as I have to match them up to my existing holes. How long do I wait before asking for an update?

He’s solid. If you were able to measure your holes he would have been able to cut to fit, that’s what he did with mine since I bought a used tank that was drilled for an eShopps overflow. I would ping him, no harm in that for sure. Always good to see where you’re at in the queue. Ni did that a few times actually.
 
Thanks Jill!
I'm completely non confrontational but being the owner I have to look a lot stronger than I actually am and it's a hard situation I know we've all been in.

I have a situation like that myself. Underperforming salesmen. Hasn’t taken the myriad hints I’ve thrown at him.

I just read a good book (listened to it actually, 2 hrs in the car each day I can get a lot of ‘reading’ done) “Leadership and Self Deception”. I don’t give a ton of book record out but this one… this one will make you think. It’s about the only book of recent memory that actually had me pondering my own self as the story protagonist.
 
I have a situation like that myself. Underperforming salesmen. Hasn’t taken the myriad hints I’ve thrown at him.

I just read a good book (listened to it actually, 2 hrs in the car each day I can get a lot of ‘reading’ done) “Leadership and Self Deception”. I don’t give a ton of book record out but this one… this one will make you think. It’s about the only book of recent memory that actually had me pondering my own self as the story protagonist.
Thank you for this.
 
Hey @kevgib67 don't want to make you jealous but have you ever had a Bounce Birdsnest????

1000006155.jpg
 
Thank you for this.
I found this book to be a truly spectacular read. The books principles can the taken and applied to any context, situation, person. It really is a book that made me think. Most “leadership” books are filled with fanciful axioms and dogma, but this one … this one is nothing like that. If you do get a read on it (or a listen) I would be very curious how you viewed it.
 
I found this book to be a truly spectacular read. The books principles can the taken and applied to any context, situation, person. It really is a book that made me think. Most “leadership” books are filled with fanciful axioms and dogma, but this one … this one is nothing like that. If you do get a read on it (or a listen) I would be very curious how you viewed it.
Just ordered it.
It'll be here Wednesday.
Truly appreciate it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new