20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I'm OK Luis thanks for asking that's nice!
I'm having an issue with an employee so I have been sending him home early and finishing up for him.
It's tiring but nice not having him around all day.
Don't know where it's going exactly I'm sort of wimpy but this is a start.
Want me to come have a talk with him? I use to have to have hard conversations with employees a lot when I did staffing and had about 400 employees at the local casino.
 
Corals and fish tend to not like 100° water temperature in the summer and 65° in the winter...
Get some better gear then. I'm sure you'll win a industrial grade pool chiller soon :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
Alright, i Am going to get a mango, and maybe dragon fruit from the store this weekend so I can try growing from seed! Maybe this will help my seasonal depression...
I have never been able to find a purple flesh dragon fruit in a store. they are always the white flesh.
 
for the flower girl @OrchidMiss I get about 3 blooms a week through the winter indoors before I get it exploding in flowers again on the porch in summer.

IMG_5225.jpeg
I have 3!
I get about the same amout of blooms.
When they bloom, I pop them in my rainbow lorikeet's cage. He loves the pollen.
 
This is the extent of my indoor plants other than the ones inside my aquariums... I do have a pretty good size flower garden outside but of course it's not pretty right now. Lol
 

Attachments

  • 20250110_075436.jpg
    20250110_075436.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 34
Here's a few from when it's been pretty...
 

Attachments

  • 20230518_183750_optimized.jpg
    20230518_183750_optimized.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230618_152907.jpg
    20230618_152907.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240504_093701.jpg
    20240504_093701.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230518_183906_optimized.jpg
    20230518_183906_optimized.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 49
  • 20230518_183733_optimized.jpg
    20230518_183733_optimized.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230518_183609_optimized.jpg
    20230518_183609_optimized.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230518_183617_optimized.jpg
    20230518_183617_optimized.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230518_183552_optimized.jpg
    20230518_183552_optimized.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230513_181358_optimized.jpg
    20230513_181358_optimized.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230513_181420_optimized.jpg
    20230513_181420_optimized.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230509_202541_optimized.jpg
    20230509_202541_optimized.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230509_202606_optimized.jpg
    20230509_202606_optimized.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 0701222036c_optimized.jpg
    0701222036c_optimized.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 0701222036b_optimized.jpg
    0701222036b_optimized.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 0627221924_optimized.jpg
    0627221924_optimized.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 0622222019a_optimized.jpg
    0622222019a_optimized.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 0618221936_optimized.jpg
    0618221936_optimized.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 0618221935_HDR_optimized.jpg
    0618221935_HDR_optimized.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 0618221934b_optimized.jpg
    0618221934b_optimized.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 0618221934_optimized.jpg
    0618221934_optimized.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 0618221933a_optimized.jpg
    0618221933a_optimized.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 0605221155.mp4
    11.8 MB
  • 0520221844_optimized.jpg
    0520221844_optimized.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 0520221845_optimized.jpg
    0520221845_optimized.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 0511221911_optimized.jpg
    0511221911_optimized.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 39
Most of my flowers are chosen to feed honey bees and butterflies and I never treat with chemicals for bugs only things that won't hurt the bees and butterflies.
 
This is the extent of my indoor plants other than the ones inside my aquariums... I do have a pretty good size flower garden outside but of course it's not pretty right now. Lol
hoping my Crinum Lilly make it through the winter in the garage with lack of sunlight. an 18" pot filled with dirt is too heavy to pick up and since it was outside, didn't want hatchlings indoors. but seems to be OK so far at 50 degrees and lack of light. only another 5-6 months left :face-with-rolling-eyes:

IMG_5228.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new