20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Tell me the name again? Are they pretty easy to keep?
Cynarina! Yes, they are very hardy, you can spot feed these guys and they love to eat! These are very peaceful, my green one will actually inflate itself and let the crabs and snails clean under it. The colors have grown more beautiful as I've had them. My two are on the sand bed in about 80 to 100 par.
Screenshot_20250112_100138_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100155_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100223_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100122_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100132_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100112_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100018_Gallery.jpg
 
Cynarina! Yes, they are very hardy, you can spot feed these guys and they love to eat! These are very peaceful, my green one will actually inflate itself and let the crabs and snails clean under it. The colors have grown more beautiful as I've had them. My two are on the sand bed in about 80 to 100 par.
Screenshot_20250112_100138_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100155_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100223_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100122_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100132_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100112_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20250112_100018_Gallery.jpg
I wish someone local had a par meter, I don't want to buy one :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
And I realized after hitting send that that's likely not a Favia but a Plesiastrea or something I suppose. I'd still give them a little space between them.
Sold as goniastrea, but who knows. I call them all favias too lol
 
I think some places rent them like BRS.
Yea, probably ought to bite the bullet on that one. It'd just be nice to have one available in case I change lights/settings etc. I suppose before i get corals I can just set my lights up for every intensity imaginable and make a bunch of charts :grinning-face-with-sweat:
 
I set my tank up in 2023 with Marco rock, “live sand”, a load of pods, and some starter bacteria. If I were to do it again, I would have tried to get at least half the rock from an established tank that was being torn down or some water.

I let the algae train roll on for almost a full year before it settled down. I had a massive bubble algae issue, solved with a mess of emerald and pitho crabs, Mexican turbos, tuxedo urchins, and a fox face. GHA was solved by the turbos and tang. Cyan was solved by keeping phos and nitrates in check.

Pods definitely help, I need to add a lot more. And some amphioods.
I been looking at getting more pods. I have a population of 1 or 2 varieties but I want some slightly larger ones as these are all super uber tiny ones
 
I think you shouldn't worry because if you weren't a supporter member at the time you couldn't participate in the thread. What worries me is that you have a limit to claim, I think.
Should still be ok as long as he messaged her before time was up.
 
Can everyone do me a favor? Can we all post a full tank shot of your tanks as they are today? I know i could probably go back and look through all the tank builds for each of you which I did but it takes a really long time. Lol you have all seem mine just yesterday in my build thread but I will post mine to start with.
Right now since my lights come on at 2pm
1000126729.jpg


A couple of days ago
20250103_194917.jpg
 
If the GHA doesn't start to die should I treat again with the reef flux?
If it doesn't start to die it means there's something else feeding it and another dose may or may not work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new