20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
And by the way, Red Mushroom peppers are habanero hybrids - hotter than a normal habanero. Lots of flavor, but even more heat.

My wife roasted one for me and put it on my hamburger once. It was like taking a bite of pepper spray.
I don't like too much heat. My husband says I'm a wimp lol
 
I think it’s pressed soybean. The mignon was just a bit over cooked. So more towards well done than med.
We used to eat soy mince in Cuba, not by choice lol but it was what was available and it tasted good
 
My wife is allergic to spicy but I LOVE IT!!!
There should be a chain taco place around you, look for a bell, they have a spicy taco sauce that I bet you would like. ;)
 
My contribution :

image.jpg


For those in the know, yes, that is Paw Patrol Mighty Pups in the background. Oh and my foot, lol
My kid was a fan, now is Sonic lol
 
I did some clean up in the tank today, sad to say the chunky Aussie purple torch bailed overnight.

I need to get a whole mess of corals, more torch, Goni, lepto/pavona/stylo, acropora (I really like BattleCorals, I have four or five of his frags that survived the ‘move’)
I do also like cynarina/scolymia but I haven’t had luck with them.
 
Ok everyone, right now I have 9 fish in the tank, I'm thinking of adding 2 or 3 more maybe 4, do you think there will be no problem?
How big is the tank, again?
 
Have you ever unintentionally neglected part of your tank maintenance? I have been so focused on getting the GHA off my rocks and the tufts of it off my glass I totally forgot to completely scrub the back glass until today. I had forgotten how pretty it looks when the back is totally clean.
20250111_160103.jpg
20250112_175018.jpg
20250112_175846.jpg
20250112_175834.jpg
20250112_175816.jpg
20250112_175756.jpg
20250112_175736.jpg
20250112_175751.jpg
 
Ok everyone, right now I have 9 fish in the tank, I'm thinking of adding 2 or 3 more maybe 4, do you think there will be no problem?
Remind me what fish you have?
 
Remind me what fish you have?
Tailspot blenny
Royal Gramma
A coulpe of clown
Halichore Chrysus
Exquisite Wrasse
Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse
A couple of anthias
 
Have you ever unintentionally neglected part of your tank maintenance? I have been so focused on getting the GHA off my rocks and the tufts of it off my glass I totally forgot to completely scrub the back glass until today. I had forgotten how pretty it looks when the back is totally clean.
20250111_160103.jpg
20250112_175018.jpg
20250112_175846.jpg
20250112_175834.jpg
20250112_175816.jpg
20250112_175756.jpg
20250112_175736.jpg
20250112_175751.jpg
Corasl looks great the tank is beautiful, today I had to change 10 gallons and clean the glass and I couldn't, We are picking up all the mess from Christmas that there was no time for during the week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new