20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I win something every couple of months in general. I enter hundreds of giveaways each month and I'll win something either in here or Instagram every 3 or 4 months. Maybe 10-12 wins annually out of probably 3 or 4 thousand entered.
Your gonna have to start a workshop to train us in your ways :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
Your gonna have to start a workshop to train us in your ways :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Post #1 has all the ways to win. Enter every way you can as often as you can.

Instagram gives bonus entries frequently also, do as many of them as you can.
 
Post #1 has all the ways to win. Enter every way you can as often as you can.

Instagram gives bonus entries frequently also, do as many of them as you can.
Im not as tech savvy as you are apparently lol I'm not on Instagram as of yet
 
Also, 1 thing to keep in mind, I win a lot of small prizes. Most people only enter the big prize giveaways so the more small giveaways you enter the better odds you have. I'm always happy to win anything - t-shirts, hats, gift cards, gear, etc. I did win my fish tank but I've also entered every fish tank giveaway I could find for the last 5 or 6 years and this was the first big prize I've won.
 
Also, 1 thing to keep in mind, I win a lot of small prizes. Most people only enter the big prize giveaways so the more small giveaways you enter the better odds you have. I'm always happy to win anything - t-shirts, hats, gift cards, gear, etc. I did win my fish tank but I've also entered every fish tank giveaway I could find for the last 5 or 6 years and this was the first big prize I've won.
I'm bummed I missed all the holiday stuff. I would have had fun doing secret Santa. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
For those of you who want to be tagged for every giveaway, I'm pretty sure whoever creates the thread uses the hastag, # giveaway (I don't want to use it because I don't want to tag anyone who follows it for giveaways, however if you want to follow it, find any giveaway thread and find the hashtag, click on it and then click follow, then you should receive notifications anytime someone posts a new giveaway.)
 
If i got @kevgib67 for secret Santa I would have sent him like 200 of the cheap little pipette or something :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: something practical but unnecessary
 
Wow, Jill! That's stunning! So many corals! Well done! All of you have such beautiful tanks!!!
Mine has some nice funky algae, thanks for noticing! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
 
If i got @kevgib67 for secret Santa I would have sent him like 200 of the cheap little pipette or something :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: something practical but unnecessary
That right there is why I appreciate you my friend!
 
I'm bummed I missed all the holiday stuff. I would have had fun doing secret Santa. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I really wanted to do the secret Santa as well but just had too much going on with the illness and loss of my mother in law.
 
I really wanted to do the secret Santa as well but just had too much going on with the illness and loss of my mother in law.
I was disappointed you didn’t, I always wanted a Tennessee Walker horse!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 10.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new