20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Unfortunately I'm going to have to sell my button scoly, yesterday I took her out of the mushroom cage and she looked better than ever, 100% cured and super fluffy, but Beny decided that's the coral he likes and started nibbling on it again.
1000131153.jpg
 
The person who was injured at my work joined a meeting in Microsoft Teams and told us they're doing okay! She was in so much pain last night I was really afraid she'd been badly hurt. What a relief!
Good to hear Wes.
 
Back in the cage until it fully recovers again, take some good photos and see if I can trade it for something else or sell it.
1000131154.jpg
I hate to hear that Luis. Does he mess with your acans?
 
i clicked on that last night but couldnt figured out what to do! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
It's more of a state-of-the-art mind than an actual thing. Everyone goes to bed and there are no thumbs ups anymore. So I just butcher the French language with Remi and listen to old country music with Wes lol.
 
Last edited:
I hate to hear that Luis. Does he mess with your acans?
Nope, I've been watching him for days and weeks and he hasn't nibbled on anything else. He even stopped bothering the weeping willow, but as soon as I took out the button scoly he went straight to nibble on it.
 
Nope, I've been watching him for days and weeks and he hasn't nibbled on anything else. He even stopped bothering the weeping willow, but as soon as I took out the button scoly he went straight to nibble on it.
I wonder if it hosts an algae or microbe that he likes. Does he eat the algae when you scrap your glass?
 
I wonder if it hosts an algae or microbe that he likes. Does he eat the algae when you scrap your glass?
Not from the glass that I've seen but from the powerheads and rocks he is always eating from those places
 
Before slang, I should speak English like an adult :face-with-tears-of-joy: not like an 8 years old. In few years my daughter will laugh at me.
Your English is fantastic. French is a very nuanced language that is harder to translate in my opinion. Remi you keep doing what you're doing my friend.
 
@luis angel there is something drawing the fish to the coral. You have plenty of soft juicy corals in your tank. Sadly, and this is just my opinion, you have a coral nipper.

I'd target the tsb for removal instead of the coral.
 
Last edited:
@luis angel there is something drawing the fish to the coral. You of plenty of soft juicy corals in your tank. Sadly, and this is just my opinion, you have a coral nipper.

I'd target the tsb for removal instead of the coral.
I can't, that fish means a lot to me, to us, if he nibbles or damages another coral, believe me, I'll take care of him, but not for a button scoly, I don't have a tank just for corals, I want a system where everyone is happy, including the invertebrates, Even if that deprives me of having some fish or corals that I want
 
I can't, that fish means a lot to me, to us, if he nibbles or damages another coral, believe me, I'll take care of him, but not for a button scoly, I don't have a tank just for corals, I want a system where everyone is happy, including the invertebrates, Even if that deprives me of having some fish or corals that I want
Do your thing brother. It's a wonderful and challenging hobby, and you're a great steward of it.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new