20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
noth'n like a pig cooking his own weenie for the product emblem
What the Smorgs heck!
You must live in California?
New York?
Chicago?
Those are supposed to be like $5…lol
 
Is the celery in your chilli I won’t judge just never seen that before we take our chilli very seriously and my father in law thinks beans don’t belong in chilli so I have to make a special batch for him
"The Homesick Texan" makes her chili without beans too.
 
My wife made this really cool vegetable platter for the reef club meeting today and she also made some killer deviled eggs from our chickens!
And we sold some eggs! Wooohooo!
@hdmoore brought me a 3d knome ad a gift after he told me he had a 3d printer and asked if I would like anything printed. I asked him for a knome and he created this pooping knome and when he showed up today and gave it to me I gave him a bolt ol meat hug and told him how Smorgs he was!!!
Lol
So freaking cool!!
Papa Smorg is in Smorgsville!!
IMG_1579.jpeg
IMG_1588.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg
IMG_1576.jpeg
Someone’s got money look at all them eggs lol
 
My wife made this really cool vegetable platter for the reef club meeting today and she also made some killer deviled eggs from our chickens!
And we sold some eggs! Wooohooo!
@hdmoore brought me a 3d knome ad a gift after he told me he had a 3d printer and asked if I would like anything printed. I asked him for a knome and he created this pooping knome and when he showed up today and gave it to me I gave him a bolt ol meat hug and told him how Smorgs he was!!!
Lol
So freaking cool!!
Papa Smorg is in Smorgsville!!
IMG_1579.jpeg
IMG_1588.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg
IMG_1576.jpeg
Soon I will find out of I'm still allergic to veggies. but looks yummy.
 
1000006434.jpg

Look behind the yellow leucoxanthus wrasse and look in the upper right...? Also the plain Jane Green Kevin is under and to the left of the beautiful blue one
Love the reef2reef sign cool!
 
Soon I will find out of I'm still allergic to veggies. but looks yummy.
Allergic to veggies oh know I’ve never heard that condition except in my children lol.
I hope you are ok though that sounds serious.
 
you finish work down here or still coming back next week. going to be snowy. snow Sunday, 9" Thursday, 12" Sat/Sun. Need some warmth.
Yea I'm back Monday, and probably another day or so. Then maybe coming back kne more day once they finish sheathing the inside of the garage
 
My wife made this really cool vegetable platter for the reef club meeting today and she also made some killer deviled eggs from our chickens!
And we sold some eggs! Wooohooo!
@hdmoore brought me a 3d knome ad a gift after he told me he had a 3d printer and asked if I would like anything printed. I asked him for a knome and he created this pooping knome and when he showed up today and gave it to me I gave him a bolt ol meat hug and told him how Smorgs he was!!!
Lol
So freaking cool!!
Papa Smorg is in Smorgsville!!

Has anyone ever added raw yellow summer squash to their Vegi plates ? not a lot of flavor but its great on the plates and diced in a salad
 
My thoughts on chili is beans yes, but celery I'm not so sure about but then again why not. LOL
I’ve never had celery in chilli but I’m down for whatever…lol
Sure some left over celery ahh sure throw it in there I’ll eat it.
 
Has anyone ever added raw yellow summer squash to their Vegi plates ? not a lot of flavor but its great on the plates and diced in a salad
I can say that I have never had squash in my life. What am I missing?
 
Has anyone ever added raw yellow summer squash to their Vegi plates ? not a lot of flavor but its great on the plates and diced in a salad
As long as it has garlic salt on it.
But yes yellow and green raw with garlic salt yummy snack and healthy!
I eat them right out of the garden raw!
 
As long as it has garlic salt on it.
But yes yellow and green raw with garlic salt yummy snack and healthy!
I eat them right out of the garden raw!
Can you wrap it in bacon?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new