20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Ugh........

I noticed white spots on my anthias tonight. There's definitely something there. I did put a piece of nori into the water column which broke into millions of tiny pieces (this was in attempt to raise my nutrients), so I am hoping that the spots are just nori, food or sand since anthias have very thick mucus coats. If they're still there romorrow then I guess I'll have to pull her out and figure out what to do with her. I am really going through every setback in reef keeping.

Fingers crossed.
 
Ugh........

I noticed white spots on my anthias tonight. There's definitely something there. I did put a piece of nori into the water column which broke into millions of tiny pieces (this was in attempt to raise my nutrients), so I am hoping that the spots are just nori, food or sand since anthias have very thick mucus coats. If they're still there romorrow then I guess I'll have to pull her out and figure out what to do with her. I am really going through every setback in reef keeping.

Fingers crossed.
Hopefully it's nothing!
 
Holy guacamole! My legs and knees are tired... Finished (finally) tearing down the 6' 135 today after church. Dragged it to the middle of the room and dragged the 4' 110 into its place. Gonna have the 6 gallon on the right side and the 8 gallon on the left side. The 2 AIO will be Pico reefs and the 110 is going to be freshwater. Well, the 6 gallon is currently "running" as a saltwater tank with sand and a live rock, no light, no corals or fish so it may become a little freshwater tank - we'll see I guess.

8 Gallon will definitely be a reef. Scape is almost done.

Freshwater im thinking about having a small sand area in one front corner and I use pea gravel/river gravel for the rest of the substrate - a very big contrast in colors that I'm looking forward to!

I've got a whole pile of river rocks that I'm going to have in one corner and I'm going to get some driftwood or manzanita in there as well.

Tank itself is dirty so I'm going to fill it some with water and vinegar and scrub scrub scrub, then drain, add substrate and rock pile, then refill.

Are you guys tired now too????
I ripped out one wall in the smaller basement room and moved it over towards where my fish rooms going to be. I'm pretty tired myself lol. What are we doing going so hard on the weekends lol
 
Did i miss anything exciting? I can't wait to get the current job I'm working on done. Working 2+hours from home makes for a long day, and not enough time to get anything done after work.
 
Its really funny that being this close to the gulf of America (formally the gulf of Mexico), there is zero reef clubs within 5 to 6 hour drive to if there is any kind of club function like a frag swap. I joined the Atlanta Reef forum but its practically dead. If I join any club on here, they will get sporadic input from me based on my work schedule. I was on Rock pool, but was booted for non input, it was understandable. side note, the closest reef club to me on here is North Alabama, I applied, but never received anything back.
You are a Smorg now.
Not allowed to go anywhere :smiling-face: ;)
 
Beautiful picture is that where you live?
Yes. In some ways our property is very frustrating, but it has beautiful views to the west and east.
 
I hope a good busy!
Hi Mike!
Great to see you!
Crazy busy!
Have no idea what's going on here it's February my goodness!
But it went well today, surprisingly. :thinking-face:
 
Yes. In some ways our property is very frustrating, but it has beautiful views to the west and east.
It really does.
More pictures please!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new