20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Ugh........

I noticed white spots on my anthias tonight. There's definitely something there. I did put a piece of nori into the water column which broke into millions of tiny pieces (this was in attempt to raise my nutrients), so I am hoping that the spots are just nori, food or sand since anthias have very thick mucus coats. If they're still there romorrow then I guess I'll have to pull her out and figure out what to do with her. I am really going through every setback in reef keeping.

Fingers crossed.

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by Studios 2016
 
Good night all, yesterday I received both ICP results and I am lost why no growth. Corals open and fluffy but my best growth is 4 polyps on a zoa on nearly 1 year so not normal. Compared to my tests all main elements were the same, phosphate at 0.64. all are green except barium at 56. Rodi also have a bit of manganese but 0 in the tank.
 
Good night all, yesterday I received both ICP results and I am lost why no growth. Corals open and fluffy but my best growth is 4 polyps on a zoa on nearly 1 year so not normal. Compared to my tests all main elements were the same, phosphate at 0.64. all are green except barium at 56. Rodi also have a bit of manganese but 0 in the tank.
Have you tried increasing the intensity of the lights even by 5 or 10%? If it goes wrong, you will notice it in 3 or 5 days, but if it goes well, you may achieve more growth.
 
Have you tried increasing the intensity of the lights even by 5 or 10%? If it goes wrong, you will notice it in 3 or 5 days, but if it goes well, you may achieve more growth.
The light was blue 90% white 50% and purple 50% long time. with cyano I reduced and since few weeks I ramp up again. Low or high didn't change anything. The light are close to water line. I was expecting an element bad but yesterday I look barium and nothing specific on it.
 
The light was blue 90% white 50% and purple 50% long time. with cyano I reduced and since few weeks I ramp up again. Low or high didn't change anything. The light are close to water line. I was expecting an element bad but yesterday I look barium and nothing specific on it.
Try 100% blue, 60% white and 50% purple and see what happens
 
Try 100% blue, 60% white and 50% purple and see what happens
That 60% white at least for 4 or 5 hours a day, maybe 1 hour to ramp up, 2 hours full 60% and 1 hour to ramp down
 
Today's theme song for me. It's a beautiful day and I had a good training session with Leo. He's a good boy but we have a few things we are working on.

Ima doin alright!!!
Neither drink or drug used…
Love it!!!!
Love it
It took me all of my life to learn how to have a good time without beer and drugs.
It is the best feeling in the world to have true happiness and not drug and alcohol induced.
I can’t believe it took me my whole life to figure it out…,sheeeesh
And Poopa Smorg is so proud of me
It makes me feeel soooo Smorgy that I just can’t contain my Smorgyself!!
!!Wooo hoooo!!
!!!Hot Dayum!!!
Travis Tritt Pumps me up!!!
 
Good mornin.

Not my BTA being naughty all of a sudden.

IMG_0990.jpeg
Moved onto the glass last night. Seems to be going up. I’m wondering if the kessil is losing some of its par causing it to reach for light. I may have to look for some supplemental lighting. I’m not sure the exact age of the unit itself, but I absolutely love it. I’ll pull it down this afternoon to give it a good wipe down.

This is this morning with lights off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new