20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
If it were me, I would also remove the 3 hours of moonlight and lower the whites to 20%, that would be the first option.
So like this?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250210_200158_ReefBeat.jpg
    Screenshot_20250210_200158_ReefBeat.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20250210_200148_ReefBeat.jpg
    Screenshot_20250210_200148_ReefBeat.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 41
I bought 3 and one didn’t make it through acclimation. 3 days later I couldn’t find an aptasia . Remember, they are nocturnal and out and about when lights go off.
Very true! OK then I might need to look at adding another at some time. Did yours ever appear to irritate corals?
 
White PAR doesn't count. If it adds 500, it's worth 0, if it adds 10 it's still worth 0.
Great. That's what I was thinking. Like VR said, just seasoning
 
Very true! OK then I might need to look at adding another at some time. Did yours ever appear to irritate corals?
No, there appears to be at least one left. It just hangs out at the base of my western Raja torch all day.
 
Very true! OK then I might need to look at adding another at some time. Did yours ever appear to irritate corals?
I think it can be hit or miss. I had three and they did a great job on the Aiptasia, and then on an Acan but they were just stealing the food, then a Gold Hammer that was too near their den, and started on a Green Hammer and Peach Hammer... they went to my LFS and the Peach and Green Hammers are recovering. The Aiptasia have started a slow comeback... Given the choice, I'd use Berghia every time. But I know several others that never had an issue with their Peppermints.
 
This is my first batch.
That's awesome! I always wanted to build a hatchery tank for mine but worried it would be difficult to keep them happy and spawning after I move them
 
That's awesome! I always wanted to build a hatchery tank for mine but worried it would be difficult to keep them happy and spawning after I move them
Mine have been together for years and haven’t spawned. I’m thinking of putting on some Barry White, lighting a few nonscented candles and putting a thimble full of red wine into the tank to see if it helps it along. ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new