20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
My wife is a nurse and a few decades ago she came home from work beside herself. They are not allowed to test patients unless they stick themselves. She stuck herself and the patient tested positive for HIV and hepatitis B. She was put on antivirals and tested periodically for a year before she was cleared.
Jeez Kev that's awful.
 
@kingranch2003 ive done quite a bit of both fresh and saltwater fishing. i love saltwater but i always get seasick, so i kinda quit going. i want to catch a big ol halibut SO bad! my dream fish to catch is a blue marlin but i dont ever see that happening.
 
Plug all of them into a power strip then into the timer.
I have a Kasa power strip timer here somewhere but I think I may have figured out how to add the hours thanks to Google... lol
 
@kingranch2003 ive done quite a bit of both fresh and saltwater fishing. i love saltwater but i always get seasick, so i kinda quit going. i want to catch a big ol halibut SO bad! my dream fish to catch is a blue marlin but i dont ever see that happening.
Some times I go fishing just for the halibut! ;)
 
@kingranch2003 ive done quite a bit of both fresh and saltwater fishing. i love saltwater but i always get seasick, so i kinda quit going. i want to catch a big ol halibut SO bad! my dream fish to catch is a blue marlin but i dont ever see that happening.
Never say Never Jill!
 
@kingranch2003 ive done quite a bit of both fresh and saltwater fishing. i love saltwater but i always get seasick, so i kinda quit going. i want to catch a big ol halibut SO bad! my dream fish to catch is a blue marlin but i dont ever see that happening.
Caught a 27 lb halibut once.
That was a trip....
 
I have a Kasa power strip timer here somewhere but I think I may have figured out how to add the hours thanks to Google... lol
Subtract hours Amanda.
I'd run just a little less light.
I'm really into the manual timers.
They just work.
Always good to have one of everything :smiling-face:
 
Caught a 27 lb halibut once.
That was a trip....
We don’t have a lot of halibut around here but I have a muskie on the wall in the basement that is 40” I caut when I was bass fishing.
 
Subtract hours Amanda.
I'd run just a little less light.
I'm really into the manual timers.
They just work.
Always good to have one of everything :smiling-face:
I think I'm going to try something similar to Luis's but for less hours. Something like this...
Screenshot_20250211_201004_ReefBeat.jpg
Screenshot_20250211_200955_ReefBeat.jpg
 
We don’t have a lot of halibut around here but I have a muskie on the wall in the basement that is 40” I caut when I was bass fishing.
That's nuts!
The biggest fish I ever caught was in Alaska when I was 13.
35 lb salmon, no bait.
Fish took me down in the water twice but I managed to pull it to shore with my uncle.
Never forgot that....
 
I think I'm going to try something similar to Luis's but for less hours. Something like this...
Screenshot_20250211_201004_ReefBeat.jpg
Screenshot_20250211_200955_ReefBeat.jpg
Sounds good Amanda just keep an eye on the white output.
Scale it down and if all goes well you can jack it up more later.
 
@kingranch2003 ive done quite a bit of both fresh and saltwater fishing. i love saltwater but i always get seasick, so i kinda quit going. i want to catch a big ol halibut SO bad! my dream fish to catch is a blue marlin but i dont ever see that happening.
I'd love to catch a marlin too! I've caught some pretty big sharks and cobia but nothing as massive as that yet! We have halibut tasty little cousin, the southern flounder. You can catch them on hook and line, but I like gigging for them.
Screenshot_20250211_193354_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20250211_193419_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20250211_193434_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20250211_193522_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20250211_193442_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20250211_193537_Photos.jpg
 
I don't fish. I went on a guided fishing trip once in New Jersey. It was just me, and a few of my family members. None of us caught anything good at all. The best thing we caught was a little stingray, which then the guide said "if you believe in PETA, look away... and cover your ears". He then banged that Ray against the side of the boat maybe 5 times, and then chucked him as far as he could. It was to make the ray uncoordinated so he wouldn't keep biting at our lines. I'd say that ray didn't last long after that event...

Never went fishing again. I I just don't have fishing talent like yall do.
 
Last edited:
I don't fish. I went on a guided fishing trip once in New Jersey. It was just me, and a few of my family members. None of us caught anything good at all. The best thing we caught was a little stingray, which then the guide said "if you believe in PETA, look away... and cover your ears". He then banged that Ray against the side of the boat maybe 5 times, and then chucked him as far as he could. Lol. It was to make the ray uncoordinated so he wouldn't keep biting at our lines. I'd say that ray didn't last long after that event...

Never went fishing again. I I just don't have fishing talent like yall do.
I think that guide was a jerk...
 
I don't fish. I went on a guided fishing trip once in New Jersey. It was just me, and a few of my family members. None of us caught anything good at all. The best thing we caught was a little stingray, which then the guide said "if you believe in PETA, look away... and cover your ears". He then banged that Ray against the side of the boat maybe 5 times, and then chucked him as far as he could. It was to make the ray uncoordinated so he wouldn't keep biting at our lines. I'd say that ray didn't last long after that event...

Never went fishing again. I I just don't have fishing talent like yall do.
That's crazy!
Totally uncool and unprofessional.
We always caught and released.
We had a book with us at all times with what could and couldn't be caught, what size, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new