20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
We went fishing in the San Francisco Bay one time on a large Searay.
Caught nothing but sharks all day in the pouring rain.
I ripped my hands up really bad getting those hooks out but those sharks went back in the bay unharmed.
 
I don't fish. I went on a guided fishing trip once in New Jersey. It was just me, and a few of my family members. None of us caught anything good at all. The best thing we caught was a little stingray, which then the guide said "if you believe in PETA, look away... and cover your ears". He then banged that Ray against the side of the boat maybe 5 times, and then chucked him as far as he could. It was to make the ray uncoordinated so he wouldn't keep biting at our lines. I'd say that ray didn't last long after that event...

Never went fishing again. I I just don't have fishing talent like yall do.
Yeah Walker no reason to kill it if you're not going to eat it or give it to someone, exactly right. If I have all the fish I need but want to keep fishing, I like to clean em and give them to the older folks.
 
We went fishing in the San Francisco Bay one time on a large Searay.
Caught nothing but sharks all day in the pouring rain.
I ripped my hands up really bad getting those hooks out but those sharks went back in the bay unharmed.
That's how you do it!
 
Lots of headaches with my tank upgrade so far. But (I think, but I'm probably jinxing it) I see light at the end of the tunnel with my dinoflagelltes and bottomed out nutrients battle. I think my final punch in the face to the dinos will be adding a half gallon of pods. Hopefully that does the trick and these nasty, gooey little buggers stay way out of my tank.
 
Lots of headaches with my tank upgrade so far. But (I think, but I'm probably jinxing it) I see light at the end of the tunnel with my dinoflagelltes and bottomed out nutrients battle. I think my final punch in the face to the dinos will be adding a half gallon of pods. Hopefully that does the trick and these nasty, gooey little buggers stay way out of my tank.
Sorry Walker!
I'm having a hard time with mine too.
I'm on the opposite side with 65 nitrate and 1.79 phosphate.
At least I think I found out what the problem is.
I know you'll get your tank there!
 
These cleaner wrasse are so cool!!


I miss mine a lot, I never found the body, mine was half yellow, but they say that if it doesn't have a big fish or many fish that let themselves be cleaned, they can die.
 
I miss mine a lot, I never found the body, mine was half yellow, but they say that if it doesn't have a big fish or many fish that let themselves be cleaned, they can die.
Sorry about yours!

That's what I've been reading too. If I were to get one it would be after my tomini tang and foxface addition.
 
Sorry about yours!

That's what I've been reading too. If I were to get one it would be after my tomini tang and foxface addition.
At that time I didn't have the foxface but I did have the tomini, Jojo has one I think, I don't know if Tim has one too.
 
My wife is a nurse and a few decades ago she came home from work beside herself. They are not allowed to test patients unless they stick themselves. She stuck herself and the patient tested positive for HIV and hepatitis B. She was put on antivirals and tested periodically for a year before she was cleared.
Unless they stick themselves?!?!
Where I work sticking yourself is considered extremely bad practice
Maybe I'm misunderstanding
 
Unless they stick themselves?!?!
Where I work sticking yourself is considered extremely bad practice
Maybe I'm misunderstanding
More than 20 years ago I think it refers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new