20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Thank you my brother John!
Looks as though you had a marvelous day ✨️
Yessir! We had a lot of fun getting away from the beach and hitting the country today.. He's at the age where he still thinks I'm cool. 🥹
 
hope his shoulder is ok. that packs a punch.
He took it pretty well. There at the end, he said he was getting a little sore, so I called him a wimp and disowned him right there on the spot :)


I'm kidding we just started shooting the .22 again. Then went to McDonald's
 
He took it pretty well. There at the end, he said he was getting a little sore, so I called him a wimp and disowned him right there on the spot :)


I'm kidding we just started shooting the .22 again. Then went to McDonald's
ahhhh. nothing like an AR and a Happy Meal!
get him a shoulder pad!
 
any pics how it looked?
Sorry we were hungry and ate it pretty fast. But here's a picture on the recipe page. We didn't have asparagus so I used butternut squash and Brussel Sprouts.



Screenshot_20260928_190856_Chrome.jpg
 
Very nice Kev!! I'm glad you aren't afraid to give them the kind of flow they need!!
your torches look great! I just got a new one over the weekend and I have increased the flow so I think he’s really enjoying it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9915.mov
    72.7 MB
Going good Amanda! I hope yours is too.
I took big John shooting today. He did quite well.

20260928_123959.jpg
20260928_115444.jpg


20260928_133408.jpg


Screenshot_20260928_172320_Gallery.jpg

20260928_140423.jpg
I took my son to the range but no happy meals after.
IMG_1715.jpeg
 
It was a new recipe and will for sure be a repeat.



Screenshot_20260928_175114_ReciMe.jpg

Screenshot_20260928_175119_ReciMe.jpg

Screenshot_20260928_175130_ReciMe.jpg
That is right up my alley. Dijon and butter are wonderful together on fish. Ill be honest. I love those Coldwater Yankee fish like cod haddock and Pollock
 
ahhhh. nothing like an AR and a Happy Meal!
get him a shoulder pad!
Ill consider it when we move up to the big stuff 😆
 
That is right up my alley. Dijon and butter are wonderful together on fish. Ill be honest. I love those Coldwater Yankee fish like cod haddock and Pollock
Its one of my favorite fish because it doesn't have a strong fishy taste.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new