20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Hmmm… I think about it. As long as I can bootstrap a 1000 cc engine to it…vroom
industrial fan strapped on your back and mount the battery generator to the scooter as a seat. 😆
 
Thank you!

I can understand that being a tough decision. On one hand you have a ton of corals to make an almost instant reef, but then there's also an excuse reason to have more tanks! 😆
Also keeping the SPS and the LPS/Softies in separate tanks is much easier with flow and lighting but doubles all of the other work, equipment, testing, dosing. After a year of both tanks and a quarantine tank it would be nice to have just one again to focus on.
It’s right around 5 miles. Normally prices are reasonable, but this s****y weather has been driving them up by 20-30 %
The dynamic pricing is going to be pretty annoying as it rolls out to other industries, especially the AI-driven personalized pricing that the ride sharing has started using to gauge how bad you need the ride (such as getting home from work) and raising priced accordingly. I was just reading about McDonalds rolling out dynamic pricing. "The system analyzes local data (time of day, demand, neighborhood spending patterns) and recommends price adjustments for items like the Big Mac"
 
Also keeping the SPS and the LPS/Softies in separate tanks is much easier with flow and lighting but doubles all of the other work, equipment, testing, dosing. After a year of both tanks and a quarantine tank it would be nice to have just one again to focus on.

The dynamic pricing is going to be pretty annoying as it rolls out to other industries, especially the AI-driven personalized pricing that the ride sharing has started using to gauge how bad you need the ride (such as getting home from work) and raising priced accordingly. I was just reading about McDonalds rolling out dynamic pricing. "The system analyzes local data (time of day, demand, neighborhood spending patterns) and recommends price adjustments for items like the Big Mac"
I am either going to get rid of a lot of my LPS or, I have considered one of those drop down tanks, in the closet behind my main tank, plumbed in as a frag tank with a lot of flow in the shallow, and higher par for acro frags and the deeper side as my LPS sanctuary
 
I am either going to get rid of a lot of my LPS or, I have considered one of those drop down tanks, in the closet behind my main tank, plumbed in as a frag tank with a lot of flow in the shallow, and higher par for acro frags and the deeper side as my LPS sanctuary
Had not considered plumbing this all together, did that back in the day with the big tank and frag tanks. More to ponder.
 
Had not considered plumbing this all together, did that back in the day with the big tank and frag tanks. More to ponder.
I know myself well enough to know... i can test one tank fairly, semi regularly. I will not test a second one. I get jealous of everyone and their multiple tanks, put another up, it spirals, i shut it down haha
 
I am either going to get rid of a lot of my LPS or, I have considered one of those drop down tanks, in the closet behind my main tank, plumbed in as a frag tank with a lot of flow in the shallow, and higher par for acro frags and the deeper side as my LPS sanctuary
I have completely lost my mind in your absence, but this is partly your fault. Im at least blaming you Mike, even if it's unjustified.

New build thread coming soon!

20260929_173707.jpg
20260929_183404.jpg
 
I have completely lost my mind in your absence, but this is partly your fault. Im at least blaming you Mike, even if it's unjustified.

New build thread coming soon!

20260929_173707.jpg
20260929_183404.jpg
Exciting!!!
 
I know myself well enough to know... i can test one tank fairly, semi regularly. I will not test a second one. I get jealous of everyone and their multiple tanks, put another up, it spirals, i shut it down haha
100% - Just proposed plumbing the whole house into a single system to my wife, she is pondering also.
 
We have a single car garage in the basement below the main tank that is used to park the UTV. I just proposed turning that into a full fish room with the SPS tank, sump, moving the RO/DI and holding tanks into it. Would just need to run plumbing, electrical, epoxy the floor and paint the ceiling. Already put 2 inch foam covered in vinyl on the concrete walls a few years ago. She said that sounds like a great idea. Oh man how this stuff spirals, thanks @Nor'easter Reefer

Just need to figure out a new parking spot in a different building for the UTV.
 
@Mike. How's the new baby and Dad life treating you; brother?
After a 7 day NICU stay because she got stuck ha she is home and so awesome!!!! I love being a dad. I’m so so tired ha.

My tank has been out on the back burner and aiptasia took over so I’ll have so get some peppermint shrimp. Most of my torches died :(

Such is life ha.

But being a dad is awesome!!!
 
I have completely lost my mind in your absence, but this is partly your fault. Im at least blaming you Mike, even if it's unjustified.

New build thread coming soon!

20260929_173707.jpg
20260929_183404.jpg
Omg GIF

Dude... new tank trending!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new