20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I haven’t the last of us yet. A couple series I have liked on Apple TV+ have been For All Mankind, an alt history show where the Russians made to the moon first. Runs 5 seasons with each season taking place in a sequential set of decades. The other is Silo, a post apocalyptic show about people king in an underground facility and slowly learning the truth of the world and their place in it. Has one more season for next summer and is based off of a trio of books that I think I’ll try to read. And yah, I’m a big science fiction fan, with a good smattering of fantasy.
Have you watched The Sandman on Netflix yet? I think im going to start that after AHS 13
 
@tharbin @steveschuerger Thanks for jumping on the Unidentified Flying Afterdark last night! You guys made for a nice morning of music. I still haven't caught up to the thread yet! 😆
 
Good morning everyone!!!! Happy Friday!!!! Heading to Georgia tomorrow to setup for deer hunting!!! We are running a little behind but life has been crazy lately and we just haven't had time to make the trip down there. I hope everyone has a great day!
friday feeling GIF
Have a fun trip you two!
 
Happy National Fried scallops day! Fun fact, the meat on the cheeks of a walleye are called freshwater scallops. You don’t fillet a walleye without harvesting the scallops, the best part.
Im on board! This was only a few nights ago 🤣
20260921_182043.jpg
 
I have 1 mp40, now i'll have 2, as well as the 2 orcas for my 200. I think flow is going to be dialed. Lighting is a bit of a hodge podge as I currently have like 3 or 4 manufacturers. Only one or 2 high end lights, then some Chinese chinesium lights. Like Nicrews and viparspectra. I have considered... a little satellite tank plumbed into my main display for a clam and some acros as my copperband will be going to the 200 and I know he'll eat my clam if I get one. Figure the radion would be perfect for that. Plus I could have frags in both tanks and compare coloration effects based on light spectrum with identical water chemistry
How big is the "little satellite tank"? The xr15 has a nice coverage area and high par numbers at certain intensities
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new