20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I researched for a week to come to this same conclusion years ago. Where were you hiding? 🫣
Looking for someone crazy enough to add ammonia to their tank with me!
 
That's my wheelhouse for sure. Im love historical science that still applies today. I think that's why I love older music so much.
I listed a couple of his books above but another one you might find of interest is called Wonderful Life about the Burgess Shale and the fossils from the Cambrian period and a re-study that was done and said findings.
 
I still try though. Getting to old to be crawling around working on wood floors that's for sure. Picked out my own birthday gift. Great for a little light reading. 🤣



IMG_6802.jpeg
Glad to hear you had a nice birthday and treated yourself.
Sad to hear of the ear issues your cat is experiencing. I do hope it figures out fast.
 
Start with his first books. Meant for intelligent consumption but are easy reads. The chapters are from essays he wrote to the science journal and are designed with the layperson in mind.
Hens teeth and Horses Toes
The Pandas Thumb
Those are good jump off points. There’s a few more in that series but those are good easy to digest starters.
I will look into it. Winter is reading season here
 
I listed a couple of his books above but another one you might find of interest is called Wonderful Life about the Burgess Shale and the fossils from the Cambrian period and a re-study that was done and said findings.
my husband is a bit of a rock hound.
 
Glad to hear you had a nice birthday and treated yourself.
Sad to hear of the ear issues your cat is experiencing. I do hope it figures out fast.
Thanks so much. The cat is such a sweetheart. We want her to feel better also. Thanks
 
Good night my friends. Going back to the cabin tomorrow to finish the cabinets. Even found a spice rack that will fit in the 4.5 inch space between the sink cabinet and corner lazy susan. I hated covering up that space and wasting it. We can cover the front of the rack to match the cabinets. It's on wheels to pull out.
 
Today was a great day for me also. Went to lunch with my favorite guy. Then took kitty in to the vet. She has to go back. Then I threw caution to the wind and had cake. 🎂 Went to clean the clinics tank. They forgot to fill the container with RODI water. So no water change. But Pumba is loving his new tank. And lots of the gals came up and said they love the new "tang". WHAT, it's a Butterfly. I need signs. Where can I get great photos and put info on them. And finally, it's my birthday 🎁. I got a great hardback book, signed, about fish parasites and infections and loads of info.
Happy birthday Shelley!
 
Good morning everyone. Still not feeling good and running a fever. I'm hoping another day of rest and sleep like yesterday will help. Happy late birthday @cdemoss01 and congrats on the awesome win! I took some meds and an heading back to bed. Hugs to you all.
 
Today was a great day for me also. Went to lunch with my favorite guy. Then took kitty in to the vet. She has to go back. Then I threw caution to the wind and had cake. 🎂 Went to clean the clinics tank. They forgot to fill the container with RODI water. So no water change. But Pumba is loving his new tank. And lots of the gals came up and said they love the new "tang". WHAT, it's a Butterfly. I need signs. Where can I get great photos and put info on them. And finally, it's my birthday 🎁. I got a great hardback book, signed, about fish parasites and infections and loads of info.
Happy Birthday Shelley
 
Good morning everyone. Still not feeling good and running a fever. I'm hoping another day of rest and sleep like yesterday will help. Happy late birthday @cdemoss01 and congrats on the awesome win! I took some meds and an heading back to bed. Hugs to you all.
Late birthday..?

Hoping you get better and thank you!
 
Good morning everyone. Still not feeling good and running a fever. I'm hoping another day of rest and sleep like yesterday will help. Happy late birthday @cdemoss01 and congrats on the awesome win! I took some meds and an heading back to bed. Hugs to you all.
Hope it relieves itself soon. Did you rule out Covid, Pneumonia, Flu?
 
Kevin is yours doing ok with food? I dont see any algae in your tank either. Im starting to worry aboit mine starving.
Can you give them the big algae wafers ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new