20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
I'm not a low-iron glass fan either. My only low-iron tank is a 15 gallon Waterbox. I scratched it badly after a year or so. I went back to acrylic and green glass tanks. At least an acrylic the scratches can usually be repaired and green glass never scratches without really trying. Low-iron just shows your stupidity to anyone that notices for as long as you own it.
Exactly Tom !! The fist year it started to scratch and I took caution gleaning the glass . When the lights go to blue is when you don’t notice it as bad . I think it’s a way for you to buy a new one every year .
 
Exactly Tom !! The fist year it started to scratch and I took caution gleaning the glass . When the lights go to blue is when you don’t notice it as bad . I think it’s a way for you to buy a new one every year .
is this the new "iAquarium" scheme?
 
Looks like I might be doing a little tank work soon. I was doing some maintenance on the frag tank (40 Breeder) today when my wife decided to go shopping. If they honor the discount, she will be bringing home a 75 gallon Marineland tank.

The idea is to move the 40 Breeder to its stand (currently occupied by two 5 gallon Berghia tanks) and empty the Berghia into the 40 Breeder. Set up the 75 on the 75 stand (currently occupied by the 40 Breeder) and make it the frag tank.

But, I may just move the two 5 gallons to a work table, move the 40 Breeder to its stand and set up the 75, then move most of the 100 Lagoon contents to it and a little to the frag or Berghia tanks. Then see about getting the Lagoon repaired.

I don't know yet and they may not even give us the 50% off in which case, no tank.
 
My wife just called and told me to put on my weight belt.
It's either a tank or my wife pulled double duty on decorations.
 
It's either a tank or my wife pulled double duty on decorations.
Goes in for a tank , comes out with 100 lbs of “authentic” pukani.
1791406037596.gif

1791406090422.gif
 
It's the Waterbox version of Black Friday. They usually discount their tanks and sometimes add additional perks. It's right around Thanksgiving.
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I don't need it today. But soon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new