20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
And bought her that tube nem?
She would love that nem. Id actually consider it, but she has 3 massive ones now lol
 
Got to go watch the magic !

Nice John ! I’m sure she appreciates it .
Yes definitely! :) and then....

A Chantilly cream cake
20261007_201228.jpg
 
I fried some fresh shrimp for my wife for her birthday tonight!

20261007_191739.jpg
20261007_191744.jpg
Happy birthday to your wife John. I'll contact you a couple of days before mine to give you a chance to get some fresh shrimp 🤣 It looks delicious.
 
Happy birthday to your wife John. I'll contact you a couple of days before mine to give you a chance to get some fresh shrimp 🤣 It looks delicious.
Haha thanks Tom. I'd feed you so many shrimp you'd never want to see another one! 🤣
 
75 gallon tank in garage.

Quick shot of current 40 Breeder frag tank. It's a little murky because I just cleaned the glass.

Frag-20261007.jpg


I need to move the purple stylo out of the display into the frag because the aiptasia are starting to kill it but when I went to pull it, it has fused three of the large rocks together. Problem for tomorrow or whenever. If I break it free to just one rock, I may throw it in one of the Berghia tanks and let them deal with it.
Are you sure. I don't see no photos!
 
We ate way too much 🤣
This is why I am 15 pounds overweight. I am sure it was worth it.
We picked out some Hickory today for an accent piece. It will go where our library ladder will be. We might look at installing it tomorrow. I would prefer he waited for another man to help. He is still healing from the hernia surgery. 🤷‍♀️ We bought the ladder 3 years ago. Been waiting to get to this point in the cabin build.



IMG_2190.jpeg

IMG_6781.jpeg
 
i have this thing with arched door ways. i LOVE them and i have no idea why!
The plans called for a boring really tall rectangle. I was so excited when he was onboard with the arched doorway. I love it also. And am excited about the library ladder that will slide from the right hand side to position over it when in use. And it is also designed like a ships ladder. In that there are handrails.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new