20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
Thank you my friend!
It reminds me of my oldest son’s 75g planted tank. I’ll have to get a picture for you next time I go down stairs.
 
It reminds me of my oldest son’s 75g planted tank. I’ll have to get a picture for you next time I go down stairs.
This is my 75 its a little cloudy right now because I did a water change. The blue glare you can see is coming from the lights on my saltwater tank.



20261009_114405.jpg
 
This is my 75 its a little cloudy right now because I did a water change. The blue glare you can see is coming from the lights on my saltwater tank.



20261009_114405.jpg
Amanda,

Your FW tanks always look so pretty and peaceful. You should share them more often.
 
Amanda,

Your FW tanks always look so pretty and peaceful. You should share them more often.
Thank you Tom. I will try to share them more often. The 125 needs some work done to it before i share a recent picture of it.
 
I had to run out to the lfs to get some frozen fish food and while I was there I decided to also get some new freshie friends to go in my 40 gallon long that only had 3 white cloud minnows and some amano shrimp. I picked up 6 Cory catfish, 7 more white cloud minnows, 3 oto catfish, a red dwarf gourami and a blue one, two rabbit snails and a new betta.



20261009_112826.jpg

20261009_112711.jpg

20261009_112500.jpg

20261009_112223.jpg

20261009_112221.jpg

20261009_112214.jpg

20261009_112202.jpg

20261009_112156.jpg

20261009_112151.jpg

20261009_112139.jpg
Bootiful!
 
Seeing these freshie pics makes me think maybe I should try to sneak one more small tank and have a freshwater. I had pea puffers before and wouldn’t mind setting up a pea tank again.
 
Seeing these freshie pics makes me think maybe I should try to sneak one more small tank and have a freshwater. I had pea puffers before and wouldn’t mind setting up a pea tank again.
Pea puffers are cute!
 
Converted BioCube pea puffers tank and the big guy vids from about 4 yrs ago

 
Converted BioCube pea puffers tank and the big guy vids from about 4 yrs ago

Love them!!!
 
wouldn't he still get surge?
I’m not sure if he is far enough west. It’s making landfall in eastern Alabama ( hmm Jimmy, isn’t there a game there tomorrow? 🤔 ) and the Florida Panhandle. I’m sure Louisiana will though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new