20230926_180324.jpg

00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
115
When did you start this tank?
Jun 16, 2015
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
48
Aquarium Width (inches)
18
Aquarium Height (inches)
24
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
Drain Style (durso, herbie, etc)
Aquarium Sump
YES
Sump Water Volume
20
Aquarium Stand
Wood
Aquarium Controller
NO
Protein Skimmer
NO
Protein Skimmer Make and Model
Lifereef vs3-24
Aquarium Reactors
  1. None
Return Pump
Eheim compaction 3000
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Powerhead
  2. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Jebao OW 20 x2, OW10, Jebao 1300, 2 sicce small WaveMaker.
Aquarium Lighting
  1. T5 Fluorescent
  2. Natural Sunlight
Lighting Equipment List
Odyssea T5 HO fixture
Lighting PAR and Goals
Low
Dosing Equipment Detail
None
Auto Top Off or ATO
NO
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
77
Heating and Cooling Equipment Detail
Eheim 300w with ink bird controller

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.3
Specific Gravity
1.027
Nitrate or NO3
19
Phosphate or PO4
1.12
Calcium
440
Alkalinity
7
Magnesium
1300
Salt Brand
Red sea blue bucket
Trace Element Dosing
Kent essential elements

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Bare Bottom (BB)
Substrate Level
No Substrate
Live Rock
75
Live Rock Type
Unknown
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Sock
Water Changes
YES
Water Change Details
10% every Monday

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Angelfish
  2. Clownfish
  3. Surgeonfish Tang
  4. Other Predatory
Total Fish
4
Coral List
  1. Zoanthids
  2. Soft Coral
  3. Mushroom Coral
  4. Other
Total Corals
6
Invert List
  1. Anemone
  2. Snails
  3. None
Total Inverts
0
Livestock Detail
Have a trigger which is not listed.
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
Multiple Daily Feedings
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Flake
  2. Pellet
  3. Frozen
  4. Algae Strips
  5. Other
Auto Feeder
NO

Additional Aquarium Information

What do you think are the keys to your success in reefing?
Patience
That's great Kev but I've got to admit everytime I see that name for the team I throw up in my mouth a little. It sounds like the name of a company making athletic supporters instead of the name of a team of athletics aggressively pursuing a title.
Ya Tom, I really struggled with the name change. I think I would have been ok with the Cleveland Tribe since that’s what we all have been calling them for ever. And tribe isn’t exclusive to the horribly racist, mean and vindictive “I “ word. There were the tribes of Israel, tribes of barbarians in Germany, tribes in Asia, Africa, South America etc. I swore I would never wear any apparel with Gaurdians on it, I have tons with the “I “ word and the chief but my wife bought me some when we went to game five of the playoffs against Detroit a couple of years ago.
 
With all these soul mate posts, I have to jump in.

I met my wife in Sunday school when we were 13. She was the first girl I ever loved and it was immediate. We tried to pretend like we were just best friends for our teen years, then I let her go off to college, without telling her I loved her.

I dont have Facebook so I had no communication with her for almost 15 years. Every time I saw a full moon, or heard a certain song I'd think about her. Every time I convinced myself I was interested in someone else... I thought about her.

One night I took a date to a local place for drinks and she was there. I never thought I'd see her again, but she was there that night. I later found out she was only in town for two weeks before she planned to move to Seattle.

Do I believe in fate? You're dang right I do. I had a 2 week window before I lost her again forever and I found her. Thank God.
I wouldn't be this far, and wouldn't have my boys without this lady.

Screenshot_20261011_001500_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_000324_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_000359_Photos.jpg
Awesome story John, something’s are just meant to be!
 
There now I'm caught up it's time for a second cup of coffee! I loved reading all the love stories it made my heart happy this morning! Thank you all for sharing them! Good morning Smorgasbord family I hope your day is filled with happiness and peace today.
Good morning peanut!
Pick Me Bbc GIF by Mystic
 
There now I'm caught up it's time for a second cup of coffee! I loved reading all the love stories it made my heart happy this morning! Thank you all for sharing them! Good morning Smorgasbord family I hope your day is filled with happiness and peace today.
My wife was busy with your recipe this morning Amanda and that’s not all of it!
IMG_3462.jpeg
 
My wife has a picture of us in our bedroom at Christmas the first year we started dating and yes your eyes aren’t deceiving you that is 80’s hair!
IMG_3463.jpeg
 
With all these soul mate posts, I have to jump in.

I met my wife in Sunday school when we were 13. She was the first girl I ever loved and it was immediate. We tried to pretend like we were just best friends for our teen years, then I let her go off to college, without telling her I loved her.

I dont have Facebook so I had no communication with her for almost 15 years. Every time I saw a full moon, or heard a certain song I'd think about her. Every time I convinced myself I was interested in someone else... I thought about her.

One night I took a date to a local place for drinks and she was there. I never thought I'd see her again, but she was there that night. I later found out she was only in town for two weeks before she planned to move to Seattle.

Do I believe in fate? You're dang right I do. I had a 2 week window before I lost her again forever and I found her. Thank God.
I wouldn't be this far, and wouldn't have my boys without this lady.

Screenshot_20261011_001500_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_000324_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20261011_000359_Photos.jpg
My story: I met my wife at 12. We started dating at 13 (the night she broke up with her boyfriend). Long story - she asked me if I would date her if she didn't have a boyfriend and I said yeah. A week or two later she called me crying that she and her boyfriend broke up and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with her family for her grandma's birthday. After dinner, "Remember you said you'd date me if I didn't have a boyfriend? Do you have something to ask me?"

Dated for 7 years, married for 25. Junior High, High School, College.

3326.jpg
 
Last edited:
My story: I met my wife at 12. We started dating at 13 (the night she broke up with her boyfriend). Long story - she asked me if I would date her if she didn't have a boyfriend and I said yeah. A week or two later she called me crying that she and her boyfriend broke up and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with her family for her grandma's birthday. After dinner, "Remember you said you'd date me if I didn't have a boyfriend? Do you have something to ask me?"

Dated for 7 years, married for 25. Junior High, High School, College.
Good morning Tim!
Tim Hwd GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd
 
Ya Tom, I really struggled with the name change. I think I would have been ok with the Cleveland Tribe since that’s what we all have been calling them for ever. And tribe isn’t exclusive to the horribly racist, mean and vindictive “I “ word. There were the tribes of Israel, tribes of barbarians in Germany, tribes in Asia, Africa, South America etc. I swore I would never wear any apparel with Gaurdians on it, I have tons with the “I “ word and the chief but my wife bought me some when we went to game five of the playoffs against Detroit a couple of years ago.
Kevin if you think about it we were all from a tribe in history . That’s how early man survived . Can’t say we all have aquariums back then without electric and glass work lol!!😆
 
Alright I guess it’s my time to share. We started dating my senior year and her junior year in high school. In December we will be married for 36 years and together for 41 years. She’s a nurse and for 2 years when I was either in bed at home or an hour away in University Hospital she was with me while working full time, taking care of the house, inside and out and taking care of the kids. I used to tell her to not come see me in the hospital but spend the weekend at the lake with family. She’s stubborn. She should have ditched me!
IMG_4712.jpeg
You are blessed!
I love seeing this!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new