1/2 gallon micro reef

exalectric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those cool melted glass bowls on a rock!!!!! Its just been sitting as coffee table decor for a year or two, but I've been wondering what to do with it. Oh the ideas you've just given me.........

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of those cool melted glass bowls on a rock!!!!! Its just been sitting as coffee table decor for a year or two, but I've been wondering what to do with it. Oh the ideas you've just given me.........
Oh nice! Yea, they’re really unique and perfect for this project. You should do it!
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestion for lighting to put one in its own location? There isn't really space next to my pico and the 40g is located in "Cat territory"
The Kessil A80 would be an awesome little light for this tank. This one would be a great light too, and cheaper! I’ve seen a tank lit up with these and I was impressed.

Lominie LED Aquarium Light

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will! I ordered a new little air pump to go with it. What an exciting Friday decision!
Haha so cool! Sounds like you’re well on your way! You’ll find these handy too. I used these to keep the airline tubing from moving around. I decided to remove the air stone I was using because it was making too much salt spray. Now, I’m just using the airline tubing by itself with no air stone. I really like it! Sounds like the typical “bubbling” underwater sound.

exalectric

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha so cool! Sounds like you’re well on your way! You’ll find these handy too. I used these to keep the airline tubing from moving around. I decided to remove the air stone I was using because it was making too much salt spray. Now, I’m just using the airline tubing by itself with no air stone. I really like it! Sounds like the typical “bubbling” underwater sound.

I have some of those hanging around. My little pico is bubbling away sans airstone next to me as I type.

OP
OP
Daniel92481

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, so do you have any rock in there? Or just corals set in sand? How did you get it together?
I do now! I changed it up a bit because I decided to start a mushroom garden. The ricordea and rhodactis were already in there when I added the jawbreaker. I have them on some little frag rocks. I might just be crazy, but I kinda thought the actual bowl looks a little like a mushroom too haha.

As far as setting it up, I bought a small air pump, 10 watt heater (could have got the 5 watt), and those little suction clips I mentioned earlier. That’s it! My lid is a camo crochet coaster lol. Simple as can be really. Here’s a pic!

0EB1197B-D5E3-45F9-8762-A35D2793EAF4.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back