1.75 inch Queen Angel juvenile with larger fish

Spicoli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I scored a Queen Angel (they seem to be hard to find lately). I wanted a juvenile 3-4 inches, and it came in well under 2 inches. She is kind of tiny, and in QT for a couple months.

Is there a good chance it will survive in the DT in a couple months, if I have some larger fish and a section of nems? It was kind of pricey and I can wait and grow it if need be. I have these fish in DT:

-6 inch Purple Tang
-5 inch Yellow Eye Kole Tang
-4 inch Juvenile Emperor Angel
-6 inch Auriga Butterfly
-5 inch Moorish Idol
-Paired Lightning Maroon clowns. Female is 4 inches. They live in some bubble tips.

It is a 300g FOWLR with hiding places.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely grow it out , some of those fish are quite large . Maroons are aggressive, purple tangs can be bossy

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They grow fast if you feed them a lot. It could put on nearly an inch in that few months if you get it lots of pellets and other food.

They are also tough fish that are bold and fight for food.

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would introduce the queen as soon as the QT is completed. My emperor wasn’t the problem, the purple tang was. I introduced a 2” regal angel to a 300 gallon with a 6” emperor without issue. The 4”purple tang was the problem. It slashed the new angel’s side a couple of times before it learned to avoid the tang. Now everyone is getting along. The emperor will still give chase to show he is the boss. The queen angel is a much tougher and faster grower then the Regals so I don’t see a problem. Good luck

OP
OP
Spicoli

Spicoli

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always the PT. Same with my tank. He has to assert dominance on everyone. Everyone except mama clown. She takes nothing from no one.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same issue with my Sailfin Tang, only fish he gets along with is a Picasso Trigger, I have the two of them in 100 gallon with live rock just for them. They swim together, eat together, it is quite comical but great tank mates

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back