Agrresive Emperor angel how to deal with it

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 220 gallon tank with 3 tangs and 2 angels and other small sized fishes .
I bought the emperor angel 3 years ago like close to 4 inches . He has changed into adult and is extremely aggressive . He killed 2 out of my 3 last fish additions . Thr is an Asfur angel as well which is 4 inches and he chases him quiet a bit. The fish itself is awsome . The main thing I see is during feeding. During feeding teh fish is just smacks everyone including chromis . Anyone ever dealt with such a fish? I was planning to rehome him if this continues .

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the mirror trick & move your hard scape around. If that combo doesn’t work then you will need to choose one between these two angels that are in the same genus.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try the mirror trick & move your hard scape around. If that combo doesn’t work then you will need to choose one between these two angels that are in the same genus.
Yup I might have to chose teh Afur in that case because Emperor attcks other fishes too

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a lot of success catching the aggressive fish and moving him to my QT for a month. Then transferring him back to the display. Over the years I did this with an aggressive Queen Angel and French Angel, as well as a large Hippo Tang.

Only works if you can catch him though. Easier said than done sometimes.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above if you can move him to a sump or separate tank for several weeks it can work. Im surprised he actually killed other fish. Mine is aggressive but it’s more of a grunting and chasing fish out of his area not actually attacking. Anyhow best of luck with that.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above if you can move him to a sump or separate tank for several weeks it can work. Im surprised he actually killed other fish. Mine is aggressive but it’s more of a grunting and chasing fish out of his area not actually attacking. Anyhow best of luck with that.
Yeah he is aggressive while feeding just theash everybody . Lets see if i can catch him

Jerry Barnes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same problem. When I added new fish I put him in an isolation cage in the main tank for two weeks. Always did the trick. He eventually go so large he got rehomed into a 1100 gallon tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back