Help me decide on angels

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have decided to rework my tank and aquascape to add more caves/hiding spots and then add some new fish. Tank been running and stable since 2017 (160ish gallons: 62 L x 21.5 D x 22 T).

Currently has small male maroon clown, 2.5-3" yellow tang, flame hawk, orchid dotty back and mystery wrasse.

I would like to add a combo of angels and probably an anthias.

I am thinking a female bellus, and a flameback for sure. I am considering adding a couple of larger angels but would likely get them as juveniles. I realize mixing pomacanthus is likely risky, so I am thinking of choosing one to go along with a goldflake juvenile (Apolemichthys). What about mixing a Chaetodontoplus like a blue stripe/lined (C. septentrionalis)?

The pomacanthus list would be annularis, asfur, or chrysurus.

I already had a juvenile emperor for 2.5 years that had become a subadult that died 2 years ago for no apparent reason. It was healthy as a horse. No other fish died. It broke my heart and so I am excluding the emperor strictly based on that. I have missed having the angel in the tank ever since but I needed to remove a nasty female maroon clown and need to rework the rock (not adding new rock) before changing the stock in the tank.

I appreciate any suggestions or opinions!
(all fish will be QT'd and eating prior to intro to tank)

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would not add more than two to be honest though, angels dont really like eachother all that much, especially larger ones

OP
OP
G

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided on captive bred gold flake and maze. It will take a while to source them, but they will be from TSM so they can QT them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back