1" Drains, 3/4" Return OK for 10G?

PugsAndFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2018
Messages
554
Reaction score
255
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is using 1" drains and a 3/4" return for a standard 10g tank ok? The overflow is an Eshopps Eclipse M. I also will be putting a gate valve on one of the drains.

The return is being powered by a manifold coming off of my main display pump, a Reef Octopus Varios 4.

I know the drains are more than enough but I don't know if this is actually a problem?
 
Definitely overkill, but go big or go home right ;) I see no problem with using larger plumbing. Run the overflow box Herbie style and you'll be good to go :)
 
Definitely overkill, but go big or go home right ;) I see no problem with using larger plumbing. Run the overflow box Herbie style and you'll be good to go :)
Great. Just wanted to make sure because I knew those sizes were way overkill for such a small tank so I didn't know if that was actually a bad thing :)
 
with that in a 10 gallon tank no other in tank circulation will be needed. Such in wave pumps and so on..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new