1 inch modular line in Canada

Forbesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for 1 inch loc line in Canada with little success. Calgary to be specific. VCA has a jumbo loc line that would work but the shipping/exchange from the US is a bit much. Anyone with any insight or ideas? Canadian sites/suppliers don't seem to carry the 1 inch lines.

Thanks.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe true Loc-Line only comes in 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and 2-1/2"
Even Modular Hose only lists the above sizes
If you have your heart set on the 1" size, ask your LFS to bring in the VCA stuff

With my past experience using VCA and their printed materials, I'd stick with Loc-Line

OP
OP
F

Forbesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have your heart set on the 1" size, ask your LFS to bring in the VCA stuff

With my past experience using VCA and their printed materials, I'd stick with Loc-Line
Thanks for the reply.
Just curious about what you didn't like about or problems with VCA?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So, VCA's 1" Modular hose is not 3D printed and is almost exactly the same thing as loc-line. I do agree that there printed materials are a little loose fitting.

Thanks for the reply.
Just curious about what you didn't like about or problems with VCA?

When I ordered from VCA it wasn't much at all to pay the border fees, some of the cheapest I've paid ordering aquarium supplies actually. How much 1" hose do you need?

OP
OP
F

Forbesy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, VCA's 1" Modular hose is not 3D printed and is almost exactly the same thing as loc-line. I do agree that there printed materials are a little loose fitting.

When I ordered from VCA it wasn't much at all to pay the border fees, some of the cheapest I've paid ordering aquarium supplies actually. How much 1" hose do you need?
I am looking at getting a Y fitting with 2 lengths of the 1 inch modular hose and 2 RFGs
By the time I factored the exchange rate and shipping I was looking at around $140 CAD, which I wasn't a big fan of.
I just found out Wai's Aquarium sells the 1 inch modular hose and the RFGs......don't know how I missed that in Calgary, probably because they don't have a website.
The price is much easier to swallow as well.
Thanks again for the replies guys.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 155 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.6%
Back